- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Psychiatry-SPARC - W833014
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 46
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Sept. 22, 2023
Under the general direction of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Implementation Specialist works closely with leadership in state agencies and their partners, as well as other state agencies and UMMS partnering faculty, to align resources and functions and develop an infrastructure to support implementation efforts and program improvement for improving client outcomes. The Specialist is a leadership role that will direct our Implementation Science Practice Program following the guidance of the Faculty Program Co-Chairs at iSPARC. The Implementation Specialist is responsible for the implementation of projects, promoting change in state service systems and other partner programs, and identification and marketing of faculty trainings and technical assistance programs to key stakeholders (e.g., mental health provider agencies).
- Direct the program that provides leadership in the application of established implementation science methods for implementing evidence-based practices into human service agencies.
- Manage a team of iSPARC Technical Assistance Program staff and a team of consultants tasked with preparing scientific information for technical assistance.
- Conduct needs assessment processes for data-based decision-making and planning for each initiative.
- Support the training of agency staff to lead and facilitate needs assessment processes.
- Receive on-going training and guidance on knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the science and practice of implementation frameworks.
- Support the development and ongoing functioning of implementation teams at different levels of state or agency systems.
- Develop and deliver trainings to relevant personnel.
- Convene, organize, and facilitate participating partners in meetings, to implement programs, monitor program progress and monitor fidelity.
- Support growth of external revenue capacity and technical assistance planning for multiple training and technical assistance programs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned to support implementation efforts.
- Masters degree or higher in Public Health, the Social Sciences (e.g., Psychology), Education or a related field.
- 10+ post degree years experience working across large public systems and managing large projects.
- Have engaged in work requires being outgoing, motivational, cooperative, and collaborative with multiple sectors.
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance, and instruction to others with varying degrees of backgrounds and levels of knowledge and expertise.
- Organizing and managing time, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities of competing interest.
- Project management, development, and implementation through demonstrated work experience.
- Excellent problem-solving.
- Computer proficiency: ability to use email, spreadsheets, and other applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or designee
This position oversees the iSPARC Technical Assistance Program team of staff members including a Research Coordinator and team of consultants tasked with supporting and preparing implementation science for technical assistance. Team is anticipated to grow with the project scope (e.g., addition of external and internal partners) and increased demands for implementation science).
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Usual office environment
UMass Chan Medical School was among 23 companies that stood out as 2023 “DEI champions,” according to The Boston Globe.
“2023 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research