- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Maintenance and Facilities
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Facilities Mgt-Maintenance - W842012
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 20
Union Code: Union Position-W20-AFSCME Trades and Building Svc
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Sept. 27, 2023
Under the direct supervision of the Sr. Director or designee, the Lead Mechanical Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining all mechanical systems, including preventive maintenance, modification, installation, and fabrication.
- Responsible for all preventive maintenance inspections for all mechanical systems such as vacuums, pumps, and air-handlers, which includes belt changes, filter changes, greasing and coil cleaning. Adhere to all checkpoints, due dates and any repairs needed.
- Enforce and maintain proper safety measures.
- Prepare sketches, drawings, diagrams and technical reports.
- Must be able to use a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for work assignments and or performing task and recording time and work completion.
- Prepare cost estimates for work requests; coordinate purchasing of supplies and materials with vendors and Facilities accounting staff.
- Ensure materials and equipment are on site to complete work in an efficient manner.
- Supervise all trades people assigned to specific projects, reviewing performance for effectiveness and conformance with all policies and procedures.
- Correct, modify, and revise drawings to reflect new installations and/or any changes noted.
- Schedule and monitor activities of any outside contractors in performance of their assigned projects.
- Perform all work associated with any maintenance trades of an equal or lower grade classification where the work or task does not require a specific license as needed in the performance of routine duties.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Trade school graduate, or equivalent experience
- 10 years of experience working as a maintenance technician advanced knowledge of layout and fabrication techniques used in ductwork construction along with welding experience.
- Computer Skills - Uses computers, software applications, and automated systems to accomplish work.
- Knowledge of building code standards for sheet metal fabrication
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written.
- Must have a valid drivers license, and the ability to travel to off-site locations.
UMass Chan Medical School was among 23 companies that stood out as 2023 “DEI champions,” according to The Boston Globe.
“2023 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research