- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Maintenance and Facilities
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Facilities Mgt-Maintenance - W842012
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 15
Union Code: Union Position-W20-AFSCME Trades and Building Svc
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Sept. 17, 2023
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director or designee, the Mechanical Maintenance Technician I installs, repairs, modifies and maintains all mechanical systems used throughout the institution. These include air, water, vacuum pumps, air-handling systems, return and exhaust air systems, coils, induction units and all associated components such as duct work, motors, filter banks and drainage systems.
- Perform all routine preventative maintenance and repairs, and adheres to set timetables excluding troubleshooting for completion. Work includes changing HVAC filters, cleaning coils, replacing belts, motors, etc.
- Perform installations of mechanical systems and all components, as directed.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections of installed systems to detect hazards and need for adjustment, relocation or replacement; repairs equipment or systems as required, may include welding and soldering.
- Operate, troubleshoot and repair all mechanical systems and components throughout the University and its off-campus sites.
- Ensure materials needed are at site to complete work in an efficient manner.
- While in the performance of routine duties; may be required, as needed to perform all work associated with all maintenance trades of an equal or lower graded classification; where the work or task does not require a specific license.
- Conform with codes, rules, regulations and safety standards associated with maintenance trades.
- Properly complete all records (work orders) and records pertinent data.
- Maintain spare parts inventory.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Trade school diploma, or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of experience working as a maintenance technician
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and mechanical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, and schematics.
- Ability to work from shop drawings and manufacturers instructions.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director or designee
Exercises functional supervision over technical, construction or maintenance employees for assigned projects or tasks; ensures conformance with codes, rules and regulation and safety standards.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
May perform work in all Medical Center facilities and is subject to possible exposure to chemicals, gases, electrical shock; may work in confined spaces on ladders. Ability to perform physically arduous tasks, ability to lift up to 50 lbs., ability to climb and work from ladders and scaffolding, and work in confined areas
UMass Chan Medical School was among 23 companies that stood out as 2023 “DEI champions,” according to The Boston Globe.
“2023 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research