- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Support
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Student Life - W410720
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 19
Union Code: Union Position-W28-SHARE
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Dec. 5, 2023
Under the general supervision of the Manager/Department Head or designee, the Administrative Assistant III coordinates and performs a full range of advanced level, confidential, and complex administrative duties independently with minimal direction.
- Participate in the planning and organization of the office in terms of staffing, establishing administrative policies and procedures and financial matters. Develop a comprehensive knowledge of administrative activities of the department and the Medical School
- Manage the daily operation of the office, schedules, organizes and delegates administrative assistant tasks, supervises office activities, resolves problems with medical, professional, and clerical staff
- Monitor and evaluate office procedures. Initiate and implement new procedures. Develop, write, and revise office procedures and manuals
- Communicate confidential information to senior administration, internal operation departments, and external source
- Coordinate and perform high level, complex, and varied administrative tasks requiring independent action and the setting of priorities and procedures
- Draft, edit, and/or update correspondence, memoranda, grants, agendas, handouts, website updates, and reports, etc.
- Record, prepare, and distribute minutes
- Maintain calendar(s).
- Process payroll, orders, requisitions, personnel action, and other payroll and human resource related forms. Maintain confidential files
- Organize information into spreadsheet format from data collection. Generate reports in preparation for analysis and graphical display from spreadsheets and databases
- Provide administrative support for special projects. Assist in preparing data, reports, and follow-up on projects and reports
- Arrange travel logistics and coordinate schedules. Completes travel advance and authorization forms. Submit voucher forms with appropriate receipts and information for reimbursement
- Maintain travel records
- Schedule or arrange for conferences, meetings, interviews, appointments, retreats, events, or similar activities
- Assist the Department Head in budget preparation and reconciliation
- Complete journal entries and billing
- Answer phones and screen calls. Provide information independently and respond to complex questions
- Greet visitors; ascertain their needs and provide information
- Review mail, highlights action or important items and attaches relevant files or information for review. Respond to routine correspondence. Draft responses to more complex correspondence
- Maintain office equipment and inventory of supplies, purchase materials, and prepares purchasing paperwork and contracts. Verify budget is not overspent
- Assist with the credentialing process
- Perform other duties as required.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 7-9 years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and software
- Possess the organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve.
For educational support positions you might want to add this to the position summary:
Primary responsibilities involve utilization of various education computer programs for course registration, syllabus, curriculum, evaluation, data management and reporting. The Administrative Assistant II for education programs may function as a liaison between the program and other departments at UMMS regarding administrative and training issues.
For research support positions you might want to add this to the position summary:
Primary responsibilities involve support of projects, research endeavors, and grants. The Administrative Assistant II for research may function as a liaison between the department and other departments at UMMS regarding administrative and training issues.
For all support positions you may want to keep these preferred qualifications here:
- 2-Year College Degree
- Assist in the collection of budget information and preparation of grant applications
- Adheres to office procedures related to grant submissions
- Assist in reconciling monthly receipts
- Maintain confidential research files
UMass Chan Medical School was among 23 companies that stood out as 2023 “DEI champions,” according to The Boston Globe.
“2023 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research