- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Maintenance and Facilities
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Facilities Mgt-Maintenance - W842012
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 46
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Sept. 28, 2023
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Director of Maintenance Services or designee, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for the timely and cost- efficient management of structure and plant maintenance and repair for multiple small facilities or a larger complex facility. In addition, this position supervises a maintenance staff or outside construction vendors who perform remodeling, additions, maintenance service, and repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, janitorial, general grounds, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, security, and electrical systems.
- Manage employees. Responsible for performance management including appraisals and disciplinary actions. Assist with the hiring process.
- Review production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements to ensure projects and work orders completion within appropriate deadlines
- Develop and maintain maintenance budgets and costs. Notify management when facility maintenance costs are not following budget detail with plans to resolve concerns
- Monitor joint commission and accreditation standards to ensure compliance
- Monitor projects to insure they are completed for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards
- Establish, prioritize, and adjust work procedures to meet production schedules
- Monitor Building Automation Systems (BAS). Reviews, records, and analyzes energy usage and costs. Determine if there are better cost- effective approaches to reduce cost and energy usage
- Requisition tools, equipment, and supplies needed to effectively maintain and operate the facility
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase work efficiency
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals
- Maintain time and production records
- Adhere to joint commission and accreditation standards as per code compliance
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 6 years in a facilities maintenance or a construction trade, or related work, 2 years of which should be lead or supervisory experience
- Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months as a building maintenance supervisor or Facility Manager from the Building Operating Management Association (BOMA) or Building Operator Certification (BOC) or Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CFHM)
- Proficient in computerized maintenance management, building automated systems, and the software products typically used by the business unit
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to calculate estimates and amounts
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
UMass Chan Medical School was among 23 companies that stood out as 2023 “DEI champions,” according to The Boston Globe.
“2023 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research