- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - HR-Temprite Services - W860030
Job Type: Temporary
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Aug. 23, 2023
Under the general supervision of the Manager/Department Head or designee, the Administrative Assistant I performs diversified and complex administrative duties.
The Administrative Assistant will assist with creating and quality-checking printed materials and packets, shipping, track supply levels and communicate needs for purchasing,
support volunteers, work with mail services on shipping, scheduling, administrative support to document production, and proofread, edit and format material. conduct electronic communication.
This is a temporary 20 a week position, Monday-Friday. Schedule is flexible in terms of how the hours are split across the week, except for Wednesday when a minimum of 5 hours is required on
• Prepare and/or update correspondence, memoranda, agendas, handouts, website updates, and reports, etc.
• Type, edit, and proofread material
• Respond to routine questions and answer routine correspondence
• Greet visitors; ascertains their need and provide information
• Maintain calendar(s)
• Perform data entry and generate reports
• Audit data entry
• Arrange travel logistics and coordinate schedules. Completes travel advance and authorization forms.
• Maintain travel records
• Schedule or arrange for conferences, meetings, interviews, appointments, retreats, events, or similar activities
• Submit voucher forms with appropriate receipts and information for reimbursement
• Process and track documents such as invoices, payments and requisitions. Follow up on payments. Reallocate purchases when necessary
• Answer phones and screen calls. Take messages and relay information within scope of authority
• Review, sort, distribute, and file a variety of material. Identify priority items and route accordingly
• Order and maintain office and other department supplies
• Open, review, distribute incoming mail. Identify priority mail and route accordingly. Answer e-mails and respond to routine correspondence
• Perform other duties as required.
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• 3-5 years of related experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products and software
• Possess the organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
• Ability to prioritize and problem solve
• Specialized secretarial training
UMass Chan Medical School was among 23 companies that stood out as 2023 “DEI champions,” according to The Boston Globe.
“2023 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research