- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Support
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Grad School of Nursing Admin - W419100
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 17
Union Code: Non Union Position-W25-Non Unit Classified
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Aug. 30, 2023
Under the general supervision of the Manager/Department Head or designee, the Administrative Assistant II coordinates and performs a variety of confidential and complex administrative duties independently with minimal direction.
- Coordinate and perform complex, and varied administrative tasks requiring a high degree of independent action and the setting of priorities and procedures.
- Prepare and/or update correspondence, memoranda, agendas, handouts, website updates, and reports, etc.
- Record, prepare, and distribute minutes
- Maintain calendar(s)
- Assist employees with onboarding, training, and answer operational questions within the scope of duties
- Assist with the processing of payroll, personnel action, and other human resource related forms
- Perform data entry and generate reports
- Organize information into spreadsheet format from data collection. Generate reports in preparation for analysis and graphical display from spreadsheets and databases
- Arrange travel logistics and coordinate schedules. Complete travel advance and authorization forms.
- Maintain travel records
- Schedule or arrange for conferences, meetings, interviews, appointments, retreats, events, or similar activities
- Review expense reports. Submit voucher forms with appropriate receipts and information for reimbursement
- Process and track documents such as invoices, payments and requisitions. Follow up on payments. Reallocate purchases when necessary
- Answer phones and screen calls. Provide information independently and respond to complex questions
- Greet visitors; ascertain their needs and provide information
- Review, sort, distribute, and file a variety of material. Identify priority items and route accordingly
- Order and maintain office and other department supplies
- Answer e-mails and respond to routine correspondence
- Perform other duties as required.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and software
- Possess the organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Serve as the frontline receptionist to the Office of Health Services; handle inquiries and provide pertinent information (in person and via telephone), assist in the scheduling of patient appointments for the professional staff.
- Provide direct administrative support to the professional staff members, coordinate payroll for staff, maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Assist in maintaining student statistical data bases (using specific software packages, including Medicat), and patient records.
- Manage immunization compliance program including, but not limited to, review of all submitted documentation, entering immunization history in EMR (Medicat), communicating with students regarding missing required immunization documentation, placing and removing registration holds.
Provide support to Office-sponsored programming efforts, including assisting in the creation of promotional materials.
Communication: students, students family members, various departments within the Division of Student Affairs, faculty members, Campus Police, IT staff, off-campus vendors and referral agencies.
UMass Chan Medical School was among 23 companies that stood out as 2023 “DEI champions,” according to The Boston Globe.
“2023 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research