- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Grad School Biomedical Science - W419000
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 47
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Sept. 15, 2023
Provide leadership and expertise for graduate student admissions and recruitment in the context of an academic unit led by the Dean and four Assistant or Associate Deans, with seven professional staff members. The team provides comprehensive administrative structure and functions for all aspects of the enrollment management for 400 graduate students.
The Assistant Dean develops and maintains partnerships across campus, and coordinates with academic departments and faculty for recruitment and yield activities.
- Lead and manage the functions of recruitment, admissions, and onboarding for prospective and new students
- Oversee and participate in recruitment travel, including attendance at conferences and recruitment fairs, visits to colleges
- Strategize with the Dean and the Faculty on recruitment initiatives and targets
- Facilitate faculty- and department/program-initiated recruitment activities
- Oversee and implement all early funnel communications with prospective students and applicants
- Collaborate with departments and programs to establish and review recruitment strategies
- Develop, implement, and evaluate recruitment efforts through data analysis, including return on investment
- Coordinate efforts with campus partners such as IT, the Registrar, Bursar, and Communications
- Collaborate with Office of Communications marketing staff toward efforts including but not limited to communication plan writing, persona development, and social media ad content creation
- Counsel prospective applicants regarding admissions requirements virtually and in person
- Advise and approve web content
- Supervise Associate Director of Admissions and Recruiting
- Oversee recruitment budget
- Maintain records, events, and reports through Slate CRM
- Oversee annual review and revision of the application for admission
- Oversee the assessment of quantitative and qualitative admissions criteria
- Travel to and attendance at conferences on best practices in admission and graduate education, e.g. NAGAP, BioGAP, CGS
- Manage vendor relationships for successful marketing and recruitment campaigns
- Facilitate faculty-led holistic review of applications to select candidates for admission
- Maintain accurate admission records
- Prepare and update peer school analyses
Interviews and Yield Efforts:
- Oversee planning and execution of admitted student events including faculty participation
- Communicate with candidates prior to and throughout the interview process
- Coordinate faculty-led assessment and recommendations and deliver to Dean
- Communicate final admissions decision to candidates
- Oversee yields on offers, including faculty participation in admitted student days0
- Maintain accurate records of communications and decisions
Policy & Procedural Assessment:
- Oversee the maintenance of admissions records
- Annually assess technical aspects of admission, including CRM management
- Assist the Dean with annual review of admissions policies and procedures and periodic reviews of admissions and recruitment actions and their impact
- MS or Doctoral (preferred) degree in higher education or another relevant area
- At least 5 years of experience in admissions and recruitment in an academic setting
- Experience working with university faculty, students and staff.
- Ability to effectively supervise, develop, and mentor staff.
- Knowledge of market research, a demonstrated ability to analyze problems and provide creative solutions
- Familiar with principles and best practices around admissions, outreach, recruitment, student services, yield, and data driven management.
- A focus on identifying ways to recruit a diverse student population that will cultivate an inclusive and collaborative community.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to top notch customer service and professionalism.
- Excellent critical thinking and interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written skills as utilized in effective management.
- Domestic travel required.
- Familiarity with CRMs and SIS
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Slate and PeopleSoft
- Supervisory experience of at least one FTE professional staff member
- Experience working with faculty and other constituents at a selective research institution
Each year UMass Chan Medical School comes together to demonstrate care and compassion. Learn more about the UMass Chan Cares campaign.
UMass Chan and Partners launch New England Nursing Clinical Faculty and Preceptor Academy Goal of new initiative is to ‘build capacity’ for nurse preceptors to address nursing shortage. Learn more about the initiative.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research