- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Support
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Facilities Mgt-Grounds - W842013
Job Type: Temporary
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Sept. 9, 2023
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of the assigned manager, the Undergraduate Intern is responsible for project-based tasks to support a designated department.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager or designee, the Grounds Intern will perform tasks requiring some specialized skill or knowledge in connection with the maintenance, care, and beautification of the Medical Center Grounds. The intern will also assists others trades, as required.
This is a temporary, non-benefitted role.
· Perform tasks related to the maintenance, upkeep, and beautification of grounds such as lawn mowing, trimming, pruning, fertilizing, and planting
· Perform tasks related to maintenance, repair, and upkeep of sidewalks, roadways, and parking areas, such as sweeping, striping, and paving
· Perform snow removal tasks including but not limited to shoveling, plowing, sanding, operating side walk equipment, and snow blowing. Required to be on-call/standby during winter months
· Clean, wash, and refuel medical center vehicles
· Operate and maintains/repair grounds equipment such as lawn mowers, sweepers, trimmers, snow blowers, and other related equipment
· Perform tasks related to storing of parts, equipment, and supplies maintained by Ground Department
· Move furniture, files, lab furnishing, and performs similar tasks
· Operate steam cleaning equipment
· Repair and operate irrigation systems
· Remove waste material from pathways, roadways, and parking lots. For situations that require EH &S assistance, secure the area, and ensure proper contacts are made to expedite the removal process
· While in the performance of routine duties, may be required as needed to perform all work associated with all maintenance trades of an equal or lower graded classification , where the work or task does not require a specific license
· Perform related duties as required.
- Bachelors degree candidate
- Related experience preferred
- Basic analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Ability to use standard office tools and software (MS-Office)
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- 1 year of experience performing landscaping and/or lawn maintenance, using specialized maintenance equipment
- Working knowledge of common tools required for maintenance, landscaping, and upkeep of grounds
UMass Chan Medical School was among 23 companies that stood out as 2023 “DEI champions,” according to The Boston Globe.
“2023 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research