- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: ForHealth Consulting
Department: ForHealth Consulting - Work Without Limits - W407980
Job Type: Intern (Full Time)
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Feb. 27, 2023
**IMPORTANT: Your application will not be considered without an essay**
Complete the online application and include a short essay either in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document) or uploaded as a cover letter on your profile. Essay topic is listed below (Please include within your essay, examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.):
Please write a short essay on ONE of these three topics:
- What does it mean to you to be effective in an environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion?
- In what ways has diversity, equity and inclusion shown up in your commitment to service at the national, regional, local, and/or institutional levels?
- In what ways have you integrated diversity, equity and inclusion as part of your professional and personal development? And how have these engagements informed your approach to being a better scholar and professional?
This internship program will begin Monday June 5th and will end Friday, August 11th. The pay is $16/hour and the position is expected to be full-time over those 10 weeks. This will be a hybrid internship.
About Emerging Professionals Summer Internship Program (EPSIP) at UMass Chan Medical School
The Emerging Professionals Summer Internship Program (EPSIP) is a paid internship experience for talented college students. Individuals historically underrepresented in STEM, health science and medicine are strongly encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to students that identify from one of the following underrepresented groups in STEM, health science and medicine: Black/African Americans, Hispanic or Latinx, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, and other Pacific Islanders, individuals with a disability or the first in their family to attend college, are also strongly encourage to apply.
Participants in the EPSIP program benefit from:
- a 10 week, paid summer business internship at UMMS with an administrative focus
- the unique opportunity to be guided and mentored for the world of business in academic medicine
- a professional development series of lectures, networking, mentoring, resume and job search preparation, and more
- an opportunity to discover their passions and interests and discern which career path is best for you
Work Without Limits is an initiative out of ForHealth Consulting at the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School (UMass Chan).â¯Our goal is to position Massachusetts as the first state in the nation where the employment rate of people with disabilities is equal to people without disabilities. We are a network of employers, educational institutions, employment service providers, and state and federal agencies. Our programs and services are geared to meet the needs of businesses that actively recruit people with disabilities, individuals with disabilities who are seeking jobs, and the employment providers that serve them. We provide consultation, technical assistance, strategic planning, network support, training, and direct services.
The selected EPSIP intern will provide direct support to the director of Work Without Limits in the areas of marketing, outreach, and business development.
- Assist in the development of applications to private foundations for funding to support Work Without Limits. It is anticipated that a minimum of 2 applications will be developed and submitted.
- Manage and assist the director with sales leads for training contracts. Specifically:
- respond to emails and website submissions from parties interested in public benefits training and/or related services;
- schedule meetings with the interested parties and the director of Work Without Limits;
- attend meetings and complete action items on behalf of the director;
- enter all information in Salesforce and continue to manage and update data throughout the sales cycle;
- complete and submit contract request forms when sales opportunities are won and alert the contracting team.
- Obtain relevant information from Work Without Limits team members to post on Work Without Limits social media channels, i.e., Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Create posts and add to Master social media Calendar for posting by Marketing Manager.
- Research business and human resource associations to identify specific promotional opportunities (i.e., articles, blogs or digital advertisements for newsletters or websites, and opportunities for speaking, presentations, and training) for Work Without Limits employer-facing services. Assist with development of content and submit to associations on behalf of Work Without Limits.
- Research Work Without Limits website to ensure all branding, copyright dates, downloads and links are in proper order. Develop tracking spreadsheet and work with Marketing Manager to ensure website it brought up to date.
Skills and Qualifications
- Marketing/Communications major, undergraduate or graduate student
- Research and reporting skills
- Ability to follow directions, stay on track, and complete assignments on time
- Good communication skills, i.e., verbal, written, and email
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a small but busy team
- Required computer skills, i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, Zoom and/or Teams
- Additional desired computer skills, i.e., Salesforce, InDesign, WordPress
- Candidates pursuing bachelors degree or recent graduates
- Related experience preferred
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Ability to use standard office tools and software (MS-Office)
Each year UMass Chan Medical School comes together to demonstrate care and compassion. Learn more about the UMass Chan Cares campaign.
UMass Chan and Partners launch New England Nursing Clinical Faculty and Preceptor Academy Goal of new initiative is to ‘build capacity’ for nurse preceptors to address nursing shortage. Learn more about the initiative.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research