- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Diversity & Inclusion - W400400
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 46
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Jan. 7, 2023
The Assistant Director of Equity, Inclusion and Climate (ADEIC) is dedicated to ensuring an equitable, safe, and positive environment for all members of the UMass Chan campus community.
Under the direction of the Vice Chancellor of Diversity & Inclusion, the ADEIC has the primary responsibility for the management and coordination of the compliance and regulatory aspects of the diversity and inclusion office and ongoing efforts to create a campus culture that is welcoming and inclusive for all learners, faculty, and staff.
Utilizing a deep understanding of Diversity Equity Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) best practices and an ability to support systemic change, the ADEIC will assist with developing policies, strategies, and programs to increase equity and inclusion which are in a coordinated, consistent, and consequential manner across the institution.
- Develops and chairs the Equity Support Team that oversees grievances and complaints associated with Appropriate Treatment of Learners policy.
- Leads the Appropriate Treatment of Learners Policy process, receives all mistreatment reports and ensures that reports are thoroughly investigated and resolved in a fair and timely fashion by the appropriate party. Documents incident resolution information and informs the incident reporters of outcomes when appropriate.
- Offer guidance and support to individuals who have experienced or witnessed mistreatment, and collaborating with other university offices including, but not limited to, the Title IX Officer, Human Resources (HR), the Deans for each School, and Student Counseling Services to further advocate for and support our learners.
- Serve as Title IX Coordinator for UMass Chan Medical School
- Serve as an educational resource for faculty and staff
- Foster an open and inclusive environment by providing training, support and advocacy.
- Maintain accurate documentation for all discrimination and bias complaints, including tracking and monitoring progress as well as gathering statistical information and trend data as requested.
- Provides guidance regarding institutional compliance policy and program initiatives, offers insight and advice on equity and cultural transformation and inclusion.
- Raise awareness and develop programming to promote equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-oppression, intercultural understanding and mutual respect for members of the UMass Chan community.
- Assures accurate and timely completion of all Diversity and Inclusion offices diversity regulatory and statutory compliance obligations and policies, and works collaboratively with HR and Office of Management on diversity regulatory obligations.
- Implement initiatives to support skills for difficult conversations and reflection on issues of diversity, inclusion, and social justice to become part of daily practice at UMass Chan.
- Develop programs and services around community building, conflict resolution processes and restorative justice.
- Using the Diversity Engagement Survey, Affirmative Action Plan, and Compensation Equity Analysis determines action items and outcome measures to improve campus climate.
- Works collaboratively with Campus Life, Office of Faculty Affairs and Human Resources to maintain effective and equitable processes for resolution of workplace and learning issues, particularly those with diversity or civility components.
- Conducts needs assessment and analysis for diversity training and facilitation related to Title IX, harassment and discrimination
- Develop programs to support open lines of communication for individuals to convey problems outside of existing organizational structures.
- Masters degree in DEI, Education, HR, Organizational Development or related field with 1-2 years related experience or a related Bachelors Degree with 3 years related experience.
- Masters or 3 years of related experience in DEI, Education, HR, Organizational Development or related field
- Proven effectiveness and expertise in diversity and change management
- Requires understanding of principles, theory and practices, technology and laws impacting organizational development and change management
- Prior experience in the development and implementation of effective diversity strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Motivated and well organized; excellent problem-solving skills
- Solving, mediation and conflict resolution skills; excellent relationship
- Building skills/ability to develop and sustain effective collaborations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of diversity regulatory and statutory compliance obligations
- Strong appreciation for and demonstration of confidentiality
- Excellent skills and experience in mediations and conducting investigations
- Team player oriented to collaborative problem solving to draw out others views in ways that lead to enriched business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to manage both big picture and operational details
- Demonstrated understanding and application of diversity trends in the legal and social aspects of diversity
- Understanding and experience of complex organizational culture preferably in academic medical centers or higher education
UMass Chan Medical School was among 23 companies that stood out as 2023 “DEI champions,” according to The Boston Globe.
“2023 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research