- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Information Technology
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Radiology/Nuclear Medicine - W822500
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 74
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Feb. 23, 2023
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Data Scientist is responsible for modeling complex clinical and research problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. In addition to advanced analytic skills, this role is also proficient at integrating and preparing large varied datasets, designing specialized database and computing environments, and presenting results. Data Scientists work closely with clients, project/program managers, and other IT teams to turn data into actionable information and knowledge that can be used to make sound organizational decisions. Core traits include creative thinking, innovative proposals, and expert data mining techniques. They will need to validate their findings using an experimental and iterative approach. In addition, he/she will perform diverse and complex duties in a manner consistent with a dynamic and active biomedical education and research community.
- Assist with and co-deliver information systems solutions in alignment with UMass Chan's strategic and tactical business plans.
- Incorporate technology tools where appropriate
- Aid with design experiments, test hypotheses, and build models
- Perform data analysis and moderately complex design algorithms.
- Work with team members to solve client analytic problems and document results/methodologies.
- Assist and perform experimental design approaches to validate finding or test hypotheses.
- Validate/Verify analysis by comparing appropriate samples.
- Use appropriate algorithms to discover patterns in complex datasets
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in Data Science, Informatics, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in development and implementation of technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to provide documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Proven experience with clinical and clinical trial data
- Experience working in a scientific research environment
Each year UMass Chan Medical School comes together to demonstrate care and compassion. Learn more about the UMass Chan Cares campaign.
UMass Chan and Partners launch New England Nursing Clinical Faculty and Preceptor Academy Goal of new initiative is to ‘build capacity’ for nurse preceptors to address nursing shortage. Learn more about the initiative.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research