- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Maintenance and Facilities
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Facilities Mgt-Maintenance - W842012
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 47
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: April 28, 2023
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Director of Facilities Maintenance or designee, the Assistant Director of Facilities Maintenance is responsible for the timely and cost-efficient management and repair of facilities, buildings and grounds. This position supervises maintenance staff and/or outside contractors in the performance of these tasks.
- Direct the day-to-day management of staff in the maintenance, repair and operations of all buildings and grounds
- Responsible for hiring, termination, performance evaluations, and related personnel functions
- Review work tasks, plan resources, and ensure completion of assignments
- Prepare daily schedule according to request, operating conditions, manpower, and availability of materials
- Ascertain equipment reliability and performance. Recommend for replacement or repair
- Mange and execute building repair and construction projects
- Inspect facilities and grounds to ensure proper repairs and improvements
- Ensure availability of supplies and components to meet workloads
- Assist in development of departmental budget: responsible for monitoring expenses and staying within budget
- Assist with developing building automation systems energy efficiencies
- Develop, approve, and monitor contracted services with outside contractors and vendors
- Authorize expenditure of funds and labor to resolve emergency situations
- Enforce and maintain proper safety measures for employees and contractors
- Develop, review, and enforce policies and procedures
- Adhere to compliance regulations and accreditation standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 8 years of experience in an operations/maintenance department the size and complexity of the institution, with 6 years in a managerial position
- Proficient in computerized maintenance management and building automated systems
- OSHA 10 certified, or the ability to obtain in 6 months
- Certification in one of the following BOMA, CHCP, CPM, CSL, unrestricted, etc.
- Experience with facility accreditation compliance such as The Joint Commission, NFPA, CDC, FDA, Uptime Institute or other similar institutions.
- Ability to use computers and the software products typically used by the business unit
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
Each year UMass Chan Medical School comes together to demonstrate care and compassion. Learn more about the UMass Chan Cares campaign.
UMass Chan and Partners launch New England Nursing Clinical Faculty and Preceptor Academy Goal of new initiative is to ‘build capacity’ for nurse preceptors to address nursing shortage. Learn more about the initiative.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research