- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Maintenance and Facilities
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Facilities Mgt-Maintenance - W842012
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 12
Union Code: Union Position-W20-AFSCME Trades and Building Svc
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Oct. 18, 2023
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of the Director or designee, the Trades Helper participates in the maintenance and repair of Medical Center systems and equipment.
- Assist trades as required
- Assist all trades in the maintenance system department in major and minor repairs, new construction, and maintenance. Follow blueprints and written instructions.
- Change light bulbs and florescent tubes, lubricate, clean and paint all types of mechanical equipment and space.
- Assist in moving and setting up for area renovations or the removal of equipment and machinery as needed.
- Document all work and account of time and materials daily.
- While in the performance of routine duties; may be required, as needed to perform all work associated with all maintenance trades of an equal or lower graded classification; where the work or task does not require a specific license.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma, or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience in the maintenance trade on complex mechanical equipment and systems.
- Near visual acuity, skill in interpreting technical literature, blueprints, drawings, and manufacturers instructions.
- Working knowledge of construction and maintenance materials and equipment. Knowledge of tools and skill to perform work using hammers, wrenches, etc.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May perform work in all Medical Center facilities and is subject to possible exposure to chemicals, gases, electrical shock; may work in confined spaces on ladders.
- Ability to perform physically arduous tasks; normal dexterity, visual acuity, ability to lift up to 50 lbs., ability to climb and work from ladders and scaffolding, and work in confined areas
UMass Chan Medical School was among 23 companies that stood out as 2023 “DEI champions,” according to The Boston Globe.
“2023 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research