- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - IT-Desktop Services - W875013
Job Type: Part-Time
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 2
Post Date: April 14, 2022
Salesforce Admin Intern
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
UMass Medical School’s Information Technology Innovation Internship program is designed to provide exceptional opportunities for talented students and to strengthen UMMS’ technology ecosystem through the innovative ideas and infectious energy of the interns. The IT Intern will get an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team of dedicated individuals committed to delivering forward thinking solutions with a focus on continuous improvement and advancing the health and well-being of the people in Massachusetts and the world through ground-breaking development in education, research and health care delivery.
It’s an exciting time to be at UMass Medical School! U.S. News & World Report ranks UMass Medical School 12th in the country for primary care, and this internship will provide a unique opportunity to learn and gain valuable skills in an elite academic and research institution that is among the most affordable in the country.
Learn the highest in-demand technology skills today – Salesforce CRM (Customer Relationship Management) administration – for the commonwealth’s first and only public academic health sciences center.
Salesforce is the #1 intelligent CRM platform for businesses of all sizes. Recognized by industry analysts and by leading user review organizations as the market leader for CRM technology, Salesforce provides out-of-the-box solutions that let growing businesses easily implement innovative technology and connect all the solutions that are important to them. On average, customers using Salesforce CRM have seen 38% faster decision-making, a 25% increase in revenue, and a 35% jump in customer satisfaction.
With our team, you will learn skills needed to be a Salesforce administrator: you oversee setting up the platform specifications, managing data, and helping the team organize and manage their respective workloads on the platform.
You will develop an understanding of Salesforce organizational relationships, including user validation and user management. You will develop an understanding of data management - in addition to managing the users in our Salesforce team, you will also need to manage all the data stored on the platform. Most importantly, you will develop an ability to translate ideas into processes. Knowledge of how business processes work is a highly advantageous Salesforce skill for potential Salesforce admins. The platform involves multiple workflows to speed up teams with their work.
- Utilize innovative ideas and approaches to assist in the development of working models to serve the needs of our faculty, students and researchers
- Complete a project from start to finish and write-up and present the work product to the UMass community
- Participate in team projects
- Conduct online research
- Perform other duties as required
- Must be a currently enrolled student in a higher education institution or recent graduate
- Solid analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Proven interest in IT and passion in furthering the mission of UMMS
- Must have above average academic performance
- Interest in software administration
- Ability and interest in completing Salesforce training paths
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Background in Information Technology, Business, or another related field
This is paid internship
Duration: 6-12 months
Major: We will consider all majors
Letter of Interest: Please provide 1 page summary on topic: “Why should I be chosen for this position”
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with UMass Chan Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMass Chan Medical School Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMass Chan Medical School by following us on Twitter.
UMass Chan Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMass Chan positions that collectively contribute to UMass Chan Medical School success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research