- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Employee Assistance Program - W835030
Job Type: Intern (Full Time)
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: March 17, 2022
**IMPORTANT: Your application will not be considered without an essay**
Complete the online application and include a short essay either in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document) or uploaded as a cover letter on your profile. Essay topic is listed below (Please include within your essay, examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.):
Please write a short essay on ONE of these three topics:
- What does it mean to you to be effective in an environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion?
- In what ways has diversity, equity and inclusion shown up in your commitment to service at the national, regional, local, and/or institutional levels?
- In what ways have you integrated diversity, equity and inclusion as part of your professional and personal development? And how have these engagements informed your approach to being a better scholar and professional?
This internship program will begin Monday June 6th and will end Friday, August 12th. The pay is $16/hour and the position is expected to be full-time over those 10 weeks. This will be an onsite internship.
About Emerging Professionals Summer Internship Program (EPSIP) at UMass Chan Medical School
The Emerging Professionals Summer Internship Program (EPSIP) is a paid internship experience for talented college students. Individuals historically underrepresented in STEM, health science and medicine are strongly encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to students that identify from one of the following underrepresented groups in STEM, health science and medicine: Black/African Americans, Hispanic or Latinx, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, and other Pacific Islanders, individuals with a disability or the first in their family to attend college, are also strongly encourage to apply.
Participants in the EPSIP program benefit from:
- a 10 week, paid summer business internship at UMMS with an administrative focus
- the unique opportunity to be guided and mentored for the world of business in academic medicine
- a professional development series of lectures, networking, mentoring, resume and job search preparation, and more
- an opportunity to discover their passions and interests and discern which career path is best for you
Position Description/Background: The Office of Well-Being (OWB) works to advance the community by promoting optimal well-being in six dimensions: emotional, physical, occupational, intellectual, social, spiritual. We envision better health, better wellness, every day for everyone. OWB is made up to two programs, the Wellness Program, and the Employee Assistance Program.
The Wellness Program is designed to build healthy habits through daily engagement while inspiring meaningful and measurable lifestyle change for professional, post doc, and unit employees. The Employee Assistance Program is a confidential, free, counseling, information and referral program offered to all employees, students, faculty and staff, and family members who live in their home. The program works to assist organizations in addressing productivity concerns, while assisting employees to identify and resolve personal and stressful issues impacting work performance.
This position will work across programs in supporting OWB initiatives including but not limited to client record retention and management, metrics and analytics, communications, program coordination and support of Community Supported Agriculture (CSA), UMass Cancer Walk and Run.
- Bachelor’s degree candidate with interest in employee wellness, mental health, or related field
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Skilled in Microsoft Office 360: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher
- Maintain highly confidential information regarding personal health information
- Effective communicator (written and oral)
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with UMass Chan Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMass Chan Medical School Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMass Chan Medical School by following us on Twitter.
UMass Chan Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMass Chan positions that collectively contribute to UMass Chan Medical School success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research