- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Health Equity & Improvement - W400019
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 47
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: July 16, 2022
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Vice Provost for Health Equity, or designee, the Senior Program Manager oversees the application, implementation, progress, and evaluation of complex multi-year faculty development and mentoring programs. The Senior Program Manager coordinates and mobilizes staff, faculty, consultants and other resources to assure timely and effective implementation of programming.
- Participate in the development of faculty development plans and programs and mentor teams, in conjunction with senior principal investigators
- Develop educational programs, including defining learning objectives; applying evidence-based, inclusive teaching concepts; developing lesson structures; identifying, inviting, and coordinating faculty and external speakers; teaching and facilitating select sessions; developing educational resources
- Identify necessary speakers and educational resources for the programs, including organizing and coordinating resources from UMMS and other institutions
- Convene and provide overall direction to program teams, which may consist of faculty, staff, research associates and coordinators for the development of program plans, curriculum, speakers and faculty participants
- Partner with other campus units, such as the Diversity and Inclusion Office and Office of Faculty Affairs, to advance program goals
- Prepares project budgets, and manages program-related grant and contractual expenditures with the department administrator
- Monitor program progress, including evaluations, data analysis and reports; and oversee the program’s timely operation
- Advise, directly supervise and evaluate the performance of program instructors, and per diem staff. Provide functional supervision of other specified program staff as needed
- Write scientific papers and prepare conference presentations to describe and disseminate project results, in conjunction with the senior principal investigators
- Coordinate formal communications and meetings among senior program leadership, as well as working with senior departmental management regarding program needs and concerns
- Manage day-to-day logistics and operational needs of the program, convening and providing overall direction to program instructors and mentors, and identifying and addressing problems which may adversely affect performance of the program.
- Evaluate program outcomes and summarize findings of data analysis and incorporate pertinent information into project presentations and reports
- Perform other duties as required
- Masters degree in biomedical science field, in other sciences, or in education, or equivalent plus extensive experience.
- 7 years’ experience in developing, implementing and evaluating faculty development or related programs, including significant experience in project management, supervision of staff, and fiscal responsibility, or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability in coordination of complex programs in an academic setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with leaders, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds and units
- Excellent teaching, facilitation, presentation, and written communication skills, to interact with leadership, faculty and staff, and to produce reports suitable for an academic audience
- Demonstrated ability in applying practices that foster a community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently and within teams
- PhD degree in biomedical science field, other sciences.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research