- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Psychiatry-Clinical Research - W833010
Job Type: Perdiem
Salary Grade: 46
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Sept. 9, 2023
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Nurse Practitioneras a member of research team is responsible for independently carrying out multiple complex research protocol designed to test the efficacy of a behavioral intervention; select and monitor test populations; provide expert consultation to clinical research staff; collect and help analyze data; report findings to principal investigator, and IRB when necessary.
- Administratively responsible for recruiting, screening, assigning, maintaining and terminating study subjects
- Schedule, perform, and supervise all patient tests
- In conjunction with the drug manufactures protocol, performs admission testing, diagnostic procedures, laboratory work, drug administration and out-patient follow-up, including procuring, preparing and packaging blood specimens
- Assist in the development of SOPs
- Assist in development of research protocols, case report forms and case report form completion guidelines
- Obtain patient histories and perform physical exams
- Communicate findings in a comprehensive and organized fashion verbally and in writing
- Consult with physician and monitor medication regime. Prescribe medication when necessary
- Independently makes decisions regarding patient care in absence of principal investigator
- Review new research protocols to assess for feasibility
- Act as a consultant for coordinators and principal investigators from various departments
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of other research endeavors with multiple departments
- Negotiate budget and selective aspects of the clinical study agreement with the sponsoring agencies for clinical trials
- Coordinate all aspects of study protocols efficiently and in expected timeframe.
- Negotiate costs for services with laboratory/outside vendors
- Responsible for all regulatory paperwork for study initiation and continuation at UMMS (includes application for IRB, informed consents etc.)
- Ensure that all federal requirements for the conduct of clinical trials are met and oversee all regulatory aspects of the research protocols
- Responsible for the formal orientation of nurses, residents, and attending physicians to the conduct of clinical trials
- Responsible for the budget/operational aspects, ie prepare invoices for services rendered, submit journal entry forms to financial services, process incoming payments, and prepare and maintain the budgetary records for clinical research grants
- Supervise Research Staff
- Obtain consent from patients/next of kin for participation in clinical trials
- Comply with all safety and infection control standards appropriate to this position
- Perform other job related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in NURSING and seven years of clinical nursing experience
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) is preferred
- Current registration in NURSING to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- CCRC Certification.
- GCP Training
- ACLS Certification
- Exercises knowledge of federal requirements for the conduct of clinical trials
- Certification to perform venipuncture and insert intravenous catheters
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with patients, staff and outside agencies
- Visual and hearing acuity to perform patient care and literature reviews
- Experience in using computer-based tools (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) strongly preferred
- Ideal candidate should have prior experience in mental health
UMass Chan Medical School was among 23 companies that stood out as 2023 “DEI champions,” according to The Boston Globe.
“2023 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research