- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Neurology - W832500
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 42
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Aug. 3, 2022
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Associate I performs a variety of complex research experiments.
- Perform complex laboratory experiments
- Conduct in-depth analysis of research experiments
- Interpret data, form conclusions, and decide on and plan the next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
- Write standard operating procedures, schedule work, analyze data, maintain accurate records, and write reports
- Compile and analyze data. Perform computations using image analysis software, spreadsheets, graphing, and curve fitting software
- May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
- May assist with budget and/or operational aspects of grant and contract proposals
- Assist in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Review literature
- Train new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
- Comply with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of relevant research experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, or designee
May functionally supervise aides, technicians, and associates
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
Each year UMass Chan Medical School comes together to demonstrate care and compassion. Learn more about the UMass Chan Cares campaign.
UMass Chan and Partners launch New England Nursing Clinical Faculty and Preceptor Academy Goal of new initiative is to ‘build capacity’ for nurse preceptors to address nursing shortage. Learn more about the initiative.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research