- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Biochemistry & Molecular Biotechnology- W404000
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 46
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Nov. 15, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The position of Senior Scientific Writer for the UMass Chan Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biotechnology is a critical position to facilitate the communication of our impactful scientific research. This is an exciting period of growth in the department and related institute and programs. This vibrant department has 20 tenured/ tenure track faculty and is undergoing a period of growth and recruitment. The department’s goal is to bring a molecular perspective to solving problems in fundamental biology and medicine.
Under the general direction of the Chair, or designee, the Senior Scientific Writer will work with diverse faculty, staff, postdoctoral associates and students to develop grant and fellowship proposals, scientific communications and publications.
- Edit and preview a variety of scientific materials for peer-reviewed journals and website communications
- Collaborate with departmental personnel to plan and prepare small and large grant proposals, including fellowships, private, state and federal (NIH, DoD, NSF, etc) opportunities
- Communicate openly with faculty, staff, postdoctoral associates and students
- Promoting and enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Prepare figures and illustrations for publications and grants
- Conduct a review of scientific literature and summarize findings
- Superior judgment, sharp editing, strong research skills, accurate reporting, clear and style-appropriate writing and other skills and conventions of print and digital media
- Perform other job duties as required
- Master’s degree in a related scientific field
- 5 years of related scientific editorial experience
- Must have a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively and manage multiple projects simultaneously. This position will also be involved in mentoring scholars in their scientific writing and presentation skills.
- Experience with grant applications and scientific publications
- Exceptional organization, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Detailed oriented with accuracy in writing, spelling, grammar, and composition
- Exceptional teaching and mentoring skills
- Experience using computer-based tools (Microsoft Office, Adobe applications, webpage design tools, etc.)
- Ph.D. in a related field
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research