- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Populat & Quantitive Hlth Sci - W455000
Job Type: Part-Time
Salary Grade: 44
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Dec. 17, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Associate Director or designee, the Program Support Administrator provides high-level and diverse coordination and support for multiple programs, professional development and training, research symposiums, scientific conferences, and other programs. The Program Support Administrator collaborates with all program and department managers and directors in the planning and scheduling of programs, the allocation of resources, the assessment of resources, and the communication and outreach to insure successful attendance in all projects and programs to meet enrollment and revenue goals.
- Leads medium and small projects in collaboration with the program Director or designee
- Specifically, manages multiple projects across a varied of programs to insure standards in support and resource allocation, as well as over-arching coordination of timely communications to meet established goals for enrollment and revenue
- Performs data analysis, market research, and other tasks in support of the initial feasibility study prior to the formalization of a project and presents findings to senior leadership
- Assists in the development of new project plans. Responsible for developing project schedule and budget for approval. Ensures that project execution is timely, successful, and meets expectations
- Prepares material for project meetings and coordinates arrangements applicable to assigned projects, such as interview arrangements, site visits, completion of assessment documentation, etc.
- Participates in oral and written reporting and presentation of all project findings; participates in project status meetings and preparing of final project deliverables Convenes and directs project teams to effectively address project requirements according to objectives, schedule and budget and implement work plans. Coordinates follow-up activities as necessary to ensure that schedules, budgets, and other project expectations and timelines are completed as required
- Draft project statement in collaboration with project team members on data collection, project work plans, meetings, decisions, work change orders, project deliverables, progress reports, schedules, cost tracking reports, and other pertinent reports Facilities communication of the projects’ status, budget, costs, issues, and related information to the projects’ team leaders, project sponsor, steering committee, affected business unit(s), and team members as appropriate
- Assists in identifying and refining the project scope and objectives, including any constraints. Organizes and prepares for all facets of project team meetings Provides direction to junior research staff, student interns, and temporary project support staff as necessary
- Manages special project, project and/or vendor evaluations, feasibility studies and other activities related to business development within defined time lines as assigned
- Assist the Director or designee in the development of contracts related to the project success
- Participate in program and project assessment as required to maintain standards of quality and to minimize risÅ
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degrees in communications, business administration, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 4 years of related and demonstrated experience in broad-scope project management and coordination of multiple projects simultaneously across a variety of programs for an educational/training organization with multiple sites
- A clear understanding of fiscal responsibility and a demonstrated ability to make difficult decisions in support of those responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively with staff, clients, and a widely diverse public
- Ability to lead and direct and matrix project team, as well as the ability to lead and direct effective meetings and work sessions
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated experience work with spreadsheet and database programs, working knowledge of MA Access, ME Excel, along with excellent oral and written skills, and the ability to work in groups
- Experience in basic quantitative data collection, analysis and reporting
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
ADDITIONAL MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and delivers presentations on tobacco/nicotine use, cessation, and other related topics at TTS trainings, PH meetings, and other educational events including webinars and in-person meetings.
- Working with health care system staff including providers and administrators, provides technical asistance tos systems to establish tobacco treatment protocols.
ADDITION REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in public health, psychology, health education, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Completion of an accredited Tobacco Treatment Specialst program (or agrees to attend after hire)
- Masters degree in public health or related field, OR related and demonstrated experience in broad-scope project management and coordination of multiple projects simultaneously across a variety of programs for an education/training organization with multiple sites
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research