- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Biochemistry & Molecular Pharm - W404000
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 40
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Sept. 10, 2021
We are a single molecule biophysics laboratory specializing in TIRF microscopy and Optical tweezers. Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Associate is expected to regularly engage with one or both of these experimental platforms. Additionally, the Research Associate is expected to prepare and validate reagents for experiments and assist in the development of analysis methods.
- Conducts in-depth analysis of research experiments
- Performs complex laboratory experiments, including microfabrication and fluorescent microscopy
- Interprets data, forms conclusion, and decides on and plans next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
- Compiles and analyzes data and performs computations using image analysis software, graphing, and curve fitting software
- May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
- Literature review
- Trains new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
- Maintains laboratory supplies and equipment
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Google Workspace
- Knowledge of Python and Github
- Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, or designee
May functionally supervise Lab Technicians and Aides
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Biochemistry laboratory and may require appropriate contact with biohazards and lasers.
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research