- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Biochemistry & Molecular Pharm - W404000
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 42
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Sept. 10, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We are a single molecule biophysics laboratory specializing in TIRF microscopy and Optical tweezers. Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Associate I is expected to regularly engage with one or both of these experimental platforms. Additionally, the Research Associate I is expected to prepare and validate reagents for experiments and develop analysis methods.
- Perform complex laboratory experiments
- Conduct in-depth analysis of research experiments
- Interpret data, form conclusions, and decide on and plan the next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
- Write standard operating procedures, analyze data, maintain accurate records, and write reports
- Compile and analyze data. Perform computations using image analysis software and curve fitting software
- May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
- May assist with budget and/or operational aspects of grant and contract proposals
- Assist in writing the text of scientific publications and grants.
- Literature review
- Train new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
- Comply with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of relevant research experience
- Remove knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Knowledge of Google Workspace
- Strong ability in Python and Github
- Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, or designee
May functionally supervise aides, technicians, and associates
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Biochemistry laboratory and may require appropriate contact with biohazards and lasers.
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research