- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Emergency Medicine - W713000
Job Type: Perdiem
Salary Grade: 15
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Sept. 15, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Clinical Research Assistant is responsible for performing delegated tasks and procedures involving human subjects in support of clinical research protocols.
This is a non-benefited, per diem position.
- Assist PI in development of protocol-specific tools to aid in study documentation
- Assess eligibility of research subjects in accordance with the approved protocol and all applicable regulations including HIPAA
- Obtain patient consent and Human Subject Committee approvals for minimal-risk studies as delegated by IRB-approved protocol
- Collect, record, evaluate, update, and store/transport pertinent data and samples in relation to protocol
- Track study enrollment and completion of milestones
- Summarize research findings and prepare presentations
- Perform literature searches
- Schedule patient tests and/or interviews
- Conduct patient telephone follow up
- Stock, inventory, store, and order samples/supplies as needed to maintain appropriate operations
- Review medical records and medical record abstractions for consistency and completeness
- Comply with established policies, health and safety regulations and requirements, procedures, and department objectives
- Maintain patient and study subject confidentiality
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or health care field, or related experience
- Experience in using computer-based tools (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Experience in healthcare setting, either clinical or research
Experience as a first responder/EMT a plus, but not required
- Off-site travel may be required within the Worcester area.
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research