- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Library - W417400
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 46
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: July 23, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Associate Director, the Library Education and Clinical Services Manager leads and supports the Library in developing and implementing innovative and effective services that support the educational and clinical mission of the University and UMass Memorial Medical Center. Tis position is responsible for planning, setting goals, setting priorities, and designing and monitoring workflow of the department. This is one of the leadership positions in the library.
- Supervise the activities of staff in Library Education and Clinical Services, including hiring, training, scheduling, and performance management
- Ensure goals align with library and university strategic initiatives
- Initiate and coordinate mission strategic initiatives as needed
- Serve on leadership executive management team in the library.
- Lead the development, implementation, and assessment of user needs, investigations of innovative reference and library service models, and the development of new programs, such as expert literature reviews and personal librarian programs
- Lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of the library's teaching, learning, and research services in support of medical education
- Develop programs supporting graduate biomedical education, teaching, and learning experiences
- Develop successful liaison/embedded librarian programs and services
- Develop and implement custom library services to support the medical school curriculum
- Represent the library and participates in the development of new and continuing curriculum initiatives
- Collaborate with heads of other library departments to provide integrated support for interdisciplinary teaching and learning
- Initiate and administer reference services, virtual reference programs, library orientations, outreach, and teaching opportunities
- Collaborate with faculty and students in the classroom to use Evidence-Based resources for decision making
- Respond to and anticipate user needs with regards to education, scholarship, and new technologies
- Promote the use of emerging technologies and incorporates best practices into reference and educational services.
- Lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of the library's teaching, learning, and research services in support of clinical education
- Cultivate collaborative initiatives between the Library Education and Clinical Services Department and the various schools and academic clinical departments
- Collaborate with faculty, residents, and students in clinical settings to use Evidence-Based resources for decision making
- Identify and apply for outside funding to support teaching and learning of Evidence-Based resources and dynamic library services
- Serve as a leader and/or active member of library teams, task forces and committees
- Represents the library on university committees, task forces, and working groups
- Participate in and represent the Library in local, regional, and national professional activities
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in Library Science
- 5 years professional experience including supervisory experience
- Thorough understanding of the current issues in medical education and clinical practice
- Demonstrated commitment to mentoring, training, and developing staff
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills
- Knowledge of major electronic and print health science, clinical, and research resources
- Demonstrated familiarity and use of information technology tools and products
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate new services and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to contribute positively to a team environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven commitment to strong customer service.
- Second degree in health science, education, science, or public health area
- AHIP membership preferred
- Prior experience developing curriculum
- Grant writing and administration
- Experience designing, implementing and managing multi-year/multi-institutional complex projects
- Previous supervisory experience.
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research