- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Medicine - W710000
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 16
Union Code: Union Position-W28-SHARE
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: June 17, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of a Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Lab Tech II performs and interprets routine and highly complex experiments.
- Performs a variety of laboratory experiments using both routine and special techniques and methods
- May assist in the training of others
- Provides input to improve current procedures, protocols, and/or methods
- Writes standard operating procedures, schedules work, orders supplies, and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies, reagents, etc.
- Prepares laboratory reagents, buffers, and media
- Records results, organizes data and performs computations
- Performs duties independently; requiring action and judgment to solve commonly encountered problems
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards appropriate to this position
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Biological Science or equivalent experience
- 1 year of related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direct supervision of a Principal Investigator or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionucleotides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
The primary focus of this laboratory in the interplay between the innate and adaptive immune systems in the development of systemic autoimmune and autoinflammatory diseases. This person will work very closely with postdocs and students in a laboratory at UMass Medical Center and participate as a key player in multiple research projects. Responsibilities will include genotyping of gene targeted mouse lines, animal colony maintenance, isolation and cell culture of lymphocyte populations, DNA/RNA purification and quantification, enzymatic manipulation of DNA and RNA, PCR, immunoblotting, flow cytometry, enzyme-based immunoassays, viral vector targeting of stem cells and primary tissues, immunofluorescent microscopy, and data analysis.
- A bachelor's degree in biology or related field
- Prior Research Experience
- Work experience in techniques described above is preferredWe are looking for individuals with an interest in the immunological basis of disease, a general scientific curiosity, and a strong work ethic. The ideal candidate will also possess outstanding organizational, time management and communications skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. Experience with databases is a plus. Expectations include the ability to facilitate project completion, troubleshoot technical problems, help determine the methods/protocols to be used in research, and summarize and present project results.To apply for this position:
UMass Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer.
- Please send your resume and the names and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research