- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - RNA Therapeutics Institute - W405400
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 16
Union Code: Non Union Position-W25-Non Unit Classified
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: June 22, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of a Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Lab Tech II performs and interprets routine and highly complex experiments.
We are currently seeking a Research Laboratory Technician II in the lab of Dr. Phillip Zamore at the RNA Therapeutics Institute, located within the University of Massachusetts Medical School. The RTI is the preeminent academic RNA research center. The Zamore Lab studies the pathways and mechanisms of small RNAs in a variety of organisms – including humans, mice, the fly Drosophila melanogaster, and the moth Trichoplusia ni. More information about their work can be found on their website: www.umassmed.edu/zamore/.
This position serves an integral function in the lab by preparing and organizing reagents and supplies for general lab use, assisting with mouse husbandry and colony maintenance, performing molecular biology and biochemistry techniques in support of, or collaboration with, other researchers.
- Performs a variety of laboratory experiments using both routine and special techniques and methods
- May assist in the training of others
- Provides input to improve current procedures, protocols, and/or methods
- Writes standard operating procedures, schedules work, orders supplies, and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies, reagents, etc.
- Prepares laboratory reagents, buffers, and media
- Records results, organizes data and performs computations
- Performs duties independently; requiring action and judgment to solve commonly encountered problems
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards appropriate to this position
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Biological Science or equivalent experience
- 1 year of related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direct supervision of a Principal Investigator or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionucleotides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with UMass Chan Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMass Chan Medical School Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMass Chan Medical School by following us on Twitter.
UMass Chan Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMass Chan positions that collectively contribute to UMass Chan Medical School success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research