- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: North Quincy, MA
Business Unit: Commonwealth Medicine
Department: Commonwealth Medicine - Research & Evaluation - W407970
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 44
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: April 29, 2021
MassHealth is seeking a highly motivated, skilled analytics professional to join our agency as a Healthcare Data Analyst - MHE. This role is part of a team that provides analytical support to MassHealth’s leadership especially in the area of operational and healthcare policy decision-making. Under the general supervision of the Analytics Manager the Healthcare Data Analyst - MHE will perform basic data analysis and is responsible for data mining as well as standard and ad-hoc report development and production. The Analyst will be a key contributor to high visibility projects related to the administration of MassHealth programs and will work with program staff at every level of the agency. This exciting opportunity is based at the MassHealth (Office of Medicaid) North Quincy location which is easily accessible by public transportation.
Location: North Quincy, MA
- Conduct data mining in a timely and accurate manner as required by the program.
- Produce standard analyses and standard reports using a variety of data which support the development, implementation, and monitoring of programs.
- Perform basic data analysis using software packages such as Microsoft Excel or Access and/or SAS/SQL.
- Perform initial data analysis and develop recommendations specific to assigned projects.
- Assist in the preparation of oral and written reports/presentations of project work and ongoing project evaluations as requested by client, stakeholders, senior leaders to better inform decision making.
- Conduct quality control check on data, reports, and other deliverables and resolve discrepancies internally.
- Develop and perform basic data analyses and present information using various tools which may include Business Objects, Cognos and MS Office and/or SAS/SQL.
- Conduct analysis of key metrics and data trends.
- Test, track and monitor data for quality, integrity and trend analysis.
- Merge multiple databases and data sources using Microsoft Excel, Access and Business Objects.
- Participate in the development of project objectives, data collection, and analysis and work plans in collaboration with project team members including participating in all project status meetings.
- Facilitate communication of the project’s status, budget, costs, issues, and related information to all key stakeholders, clients, project team members etc.
- Schedule and coordinate activities related to data collection and analysis in order to meet deadlines.
- Review and monitor compliance with the federal and state regulations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, health sciences, or a related field; or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Prior experience/skills in appropriate computer, statistical or database applications
- Demonstrated analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact successfully with a wide range of individuals.
- Demonstrated attention to detail in order to deliver quality work products.
- Previous experience in healthcare data and claims analysis
- Previous experience with SAS/SQL
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research