- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Library - W417400
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 48
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: May 20, 2021
Under the general direction of the Library Director, the Associate Director for NNLM NER serves as a key member of the Libraries Leadership Team and contributes to the overall strategic direction of the Library. Negotiates, plans, implements, and executes the terms of the NNLM award with the National Library of Medicine (NLM). The Associate Director oversees all regional programs, monitors grant budgets, ensures compliance with grant obligations, communicates with network members and health care professionals, oversees committee appointments and the work of committees, and serves as the primary liaison to the National Library of Medicine (NLM) for day to day operations of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) program.
- Oversee the development and ongoing activities of the New England Regional programs with the National Library of Medicine and other NNLM Regions.
- Negotiate, plan, set goals and objectives, implement, evaluate, and execute the terms of the NNLM grant with NLM in collaboration with the Director, Library Services.
- Act as the principle liaison to NLM.
- Negotiate the budget for the NLM grant.
- Lead, train, and evaluate the NER staff.
- Oversee funding program, including, negotiating, and monitoring NER subcontracts with network member libraries and other organizations as needed to fulfill the work of the grant.
- Ensure compliance with NLM reporting requirements.
- Develop a vision for implementing regional service plans, focused outreach plans, exhibit schedule, and budgets.
- Provide leadership, management, support, and technical expertise for regional advisory committees.
- Promote and facilitate professional growth and development of library personnel.
- Develop, establish, and maintain a broad set of relationships across NLM, NNLM, the region, and with network members
- Communicate with the NER health science librarians and health professionals regarding information needs and programs and services for the New England region.
- Take an active leadership role in NNLM committees by representing NER.
- Act on behalf of the director, in the absence of, or at the requests of the director
- Perform other duties as assigned
Master’s degree from an ALA accredited library program
7 years of progressively responsible management experience in an academic health sciences, academic research, or special library
Experience grant writing, and administration.
Ability to travel to off-site locations
- In-depth Data and Communications experience
- Prior grant management experience
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research