- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Neurobiology - W404500
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 40
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: March 18, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or Designee, the Research Associate performs a variety of complex research experiments.
- Conducts in-depth analysis of research experiments
- Performs complex laboratory experiments
- Interprets data, forms conclusion, and decides on and plans next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
- Compiles and analyzes data and performs computations using image analysis software, spreadsheets, graphing, and curve fitting software
- May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
- Assists in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Reviews literature
- Trains new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
- Maintains laboratory supplies and equipment
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- 1 year relevant research experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
- Neurobiology laboratory studying addiction and Parkinson's disease mechanisms
- Experience with standard wet bench skills, including molecular biology and biochemical assays
- Experience with and/or willingness to work with mice required
- Outstanding organizational skills required
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, or designee
May functionally supervise Lab Technicians and Aides
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research