- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Pediatrics - W833500
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 45
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: March 29, 2021
This is a Physical Therapist fellowship with multidisciplinary collaboration, clinical trial / research involvement and mentored experiences across clinical practice settings
Under the direction of the Program Director or designee, the Research PT Fellow provides evaluation, treatment and care to children and young adults with neuromuscular disorders (primarily Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy) in an interdisciplinary patient centered specialty clinic focused on coordinated care, clinical research, and clinical trials for the patients. Candidates should be skilled in communication and collaboration with children, families, and providers of various clinical backgrounds and motivated to develop expertise in the management of neuromuscular disorders in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Provide complete evaluation and standardized motor assessments in a multidisciplinary clinic setting. Work with a collaborative team to manage care for patients locally and throughout the country.
- Recommend treatments, interventions, and equipment to patients. Coordinate these recommendations with the patients and their providers.
- Process: Responsible for clinical documentation, billing and charge information and any patient related follow up, correspondence or other relevant communication.
- Collaborate with other members of the multi-disciplinary care team to identify the best plan for patients under treatment.
- Participate in conducting clinical trials as a clinical evaluator and collecting patient data for the outcomes research.
- Ensure federal and hospital requirements for the conduct of clinical trials are met and participate in the regulatory aspects of the research protocols as they relate to their specialty.
- Contribute to the education of residents, students and other trainees in the areas of specialty practice.
- Conduct staff training for equipment use and maintenance.
- Educate patients, parents, other caregivers /providers on treatment plans and recommendations.
- Review, prepare, complete, and submit required documentation and maintain confidential records.
- Demonstrate "the use of quality improvement in daily operations".
- Attend a variety of meetings, conferences and seminars.
REGULATORY & COMPLIANCE
- Comply "with all health and safety regulations and requirements".
- Comply "with established departmental policies, procedures and objectives".
- Doctor of Physical Therapy degree.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Physical Therapy. Recent graduates with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Experience with standardized outcome measures and exposure to patients with special health care needs preferred.
- Ability to work with young children and young adults.
- Experience in mobility equipment and orthotics is preferred.
- Current license or eligible for license to practice in Massachusetts.
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research