- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Molecular Medicine - W400900
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 14
Union Code: Union Position-W28-SHARE
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: May 18, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Laboratory Technician I, performs a variety of specimen preparatory techniques, dry lab data collection, and routine laboratory maintenance.
- Perform a variety of laboratory experiments using both routine and special techniques and methods
- Assist in more complex laboratory tasks
- Collect, analyze, and process laboratory samples
- Record results, organize data, and perform basic computations
- Maintain laboratory supplies and equipment
- Comply with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionucleotides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
- Molecular biology experience and/or
- Microbiology experience and/or
- Tissue-culture experience
Soil-transmitted nematodes are parasitic worms, such as hookworm, roundworm, and whipworm. These infections can deprive the body of blood and nutrients, disproportionately affecting populations living in poverty primarily due to morbidity associated with malnutrition and anemia, leading to severe stunting in hundreds of millions of children. Severe anemia in pregnancy is a significant contributor to maternal mortality. New and better drugs are needed to cope with these parasites. This research will focus on screening, discovering, testing, studying, and preparing for pre-clinical trials new drugs for treating these parasitic infections. Looking for dynamic individuals to join our team with a strong desire and work ethic to improve the lives of billions of the poorest people and to be involved with a prestigious GHIT global health grant.
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research