- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Library - W417400
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 45
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Dec. 23, 2020
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Manager of Education and Clinical Services, the Education and Clinical Services Librarian plays a central role in developing customized library services in support of the University of Massachusetts Medical School research, education, and clinical enterprise. The position collaborates with faculty, graduate students, academic units, and research center personnel to provide customized library services.
- Provide curriculum support for students in all three schools, including programs such as personal librarian, house librarian, and capstone advisor/mentor
- Collaborate in teaching, learning, research and curriculum support within the campus community as a trusted partner to provide faculty, students, residents and staff with customized library services
- Create and manage quality learning experiences for student, faculty, residents and staff to assist in best-practice usage of information resources to support learning and patient care
- Design and implement specific projects or programs that cater to the information needs of a community, such as the creation of LibGuides or subject portals
- Provide virtual and in-person research assistance
- Build and manage short and long-term relationships with faculty, students, residents, and staff regarding library services and resources
- Participate in collection development activities to support user needs
- Serve as a content expert on long-term projects such as systematic reviews
- Understand the purpose and use of repositories including their submission process, intellectual property issues, and provide in-put on repository selection for deposit
- Build partnerships with academic clinical departments and user communities, working with them as a conduit for their information needs, both user- and library- initiated. Services will include research, advanced literature searching, information organization services, reference, discovery of content and instruction of library research and resources tools
- Provide on-demand and on-site information services to the clinical system, such as participation in chart rounds, morning report, and at other clinical activities and sites
- Support information access at inpatient and outpatient sites across the clinical network
- Provide access to and training on Evidence-Based resources to support clinical decision making
- Serve as a leader and/or active member of library teams, task forces and committees
- Represents the library on university committees, task forces, and working groups
- Participate in and represent the Library in local, regional, and national professional activities
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master of Science in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution
- 2 years combined library, teaching, information technology, informatics, and/or biomedical research experience
- Experience in a clinical health care environment / EBM /EMR/ Terminology
- Experience in curriculum development and instruction / delivery
- Demonstrated advanced skills in information management software
- Knowledge of discovery and access tools currently used in libraries
- Ability to re- prioritize tasks as necessary in response to the needs of patrons and colleagues
- Demonstrated communication in networking and outreach effort, listening, negotiation, diplomacy, team, professional writing, planning, management, and implementation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with and easily adapt to new technology
Position Specific Duties:
- Work in partnership with the Vice Provost for Health Equity to advance all aspects of health equity across the research, education and patient care mission areas.
- Liasion with the Diversity and Inclusion Office.
- Provide education and clinical services to library patrons.
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research