- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Psychiatry - W833000
Job Type: Part-Time
Salary Grade: 42
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Nov. 28, 2020
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the direction of the Director or designee, the Project Coordinator II will lead small projects or subcomponents of larger, more complex projects. Responsible for independent action on multiple projects as assigned. Tasks vary according to the priorities of the department.
- Lead small projects in collaboration with the Director or designee
- Ensure that new project development is timely, successful, and meets expectations
- Convene and direct project teams to effectively address project requirements according to objectives, schedule and budget
- Participate in new project development and the implementation of project related activities for the department
- Document and maintain current: project development reports, meeting minutes, decisions, progress reports, schedules, budgets, cost tracking reports, and other pertinent records
- Implement and manage tasks in accordance with departmental objectives
- Assist senior staff with project specific activities in a timely and efficient manner, develop project plans, compile and analyze data, produce project reports, maintain project plans, and schedule meetings
- Prepare multi-media presentations and reports utilizing a variety of software applications
- Initiate and maintain contact with key personnel including staff, department heads and external parties
- Participates as a member of project teams
- Update the Director or designee on project details and changes in a timely manner
- Recommend alternative courses of action and implement changes when necessary
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience coordinating and planning projects
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills. Utilizes independent judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with all organizational levels; demonstrated ability to work appropriately with confidential information
- Demonstrate the ability to assess priorities and operate in a flexible manner
- Ability to work in a team and meet performance deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use computer-based tools including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database products, and Microsoft Office products.
Under the direction of the Director or designee
May supervise Project Assistants or other administrative support staff
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Usual office environment
Additional Information with regard to position:
This role will collaborate with community organizations to integrate tobacco control strategies and racial equity work into existing health promotion and disease prevention programs.
Coordinate initiatives with local partners, including schools, community based organizations and coalitions, housing authorities and key stakeholders.
Promote available resources to help smokers quit.
Outreach to and interface with the media to raise public awareness about tobacco issues.
Promote media campaigns and MTCP messaging across the region in collaboration with MTCP media specialist.
The ideal candidate will have experience in community organizing and facilitating racial equality projects
Ability to travel to Central Ma Communities is required once covid-19 restrictions are lifted
UMass Chan Medical School was among 23 companies that stood out as 2023 “DEI champions,” according to The Boston Globe.
“2023 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research