- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Family Med & Community Health - W824700
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 42
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Nov. 23, 2020
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the general supervision of the New England AIDS Education and Training Center Senior Project Director, or designee, the Healthcare Data Analyst I will perform basic data management and be responsible for secondary data collection as required by the program. The Healthcare Data Analyst I will also produce standard data analyses of data and be responsible to produce all standard reports required by the program. This position will provide training and technical assistance to project partners.
The ideal candidate will have an innovative approach to data management and analysis.
- Conduct data mining in a timely and accurate manner as required by the program.
- Produce standard analyses and standard reports using a variety of data which support the development, implementation, and monitoring of programs.
- Perform basic data manipulations using software packages such as Microsoft Excel or Access and/or SAS/SQL to prepare it for analysis.
- Perform initial data analysis and develop recommendations specific to assigned projects.
- Assist in the preparation of oral and written reports/presentations of project work and ongoing project evaluations as requested by client, stakeholders, senior leaders to better inform decision making.
- Conduct quality control check on data, reports, and other deliverables and resolve discrepancies internally.
- Develop and perform basic data analyses and present information using various tools which may include Business Objects, Cognos and MS Office and/or SAS/SQL.
- Conduct analysis of key metrics and data trends.
- Test, track and monitor data for quality, integrity and trend analysis.
- Merge multiple databases and data sources using Microsoft Excel, Access and Business Objects.
- Participate in the development of project objectives, data collection, and analysis and work plans in collaboration with project team members including participating in all project status meetings.
- Facilitate communication of the project’s status, budget, costs, issues, and related information to all key stakeholders, clients, project team members etc.
- Schedule and coordinate activities related to data collection and analysis in order to meet deadlines.
- Review and monitor compliance with the federal and state regulations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, health sciences, or a related field; or equivalent.
- 2 years of related experience
- Prior experience/skills in appropriate computer, statistical or database applications
- Demonstrated analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact successfully with a wide range of individuals.
- Demonstrated attention to detail in order to deliver quality work products.
- Previous experience in healthcare data and claims analysis
- Previous experience with SAS/SQL
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research