- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Grad School Biomedical Science - W419000
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 45
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: March 15, 2021
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Collections Editor for the Professional Development Hub (pd/hub) will develop, manage, and disseminate community-sourced collections of educational resources and organize related for pd/hub.
- Oversee and manage the development of pd/hub Collections, including the submissions process, peer review process, model annotations, train-the-trainer workshops, and mentoring groups
- Collaborate with the principal investigator, consultants, working groups, and others on development and evolution of mechanisms for the Collections process.
- Support & manage activities of Fellows whose models are selected for the Collections, including Fellows’ annotation of models, workshop development, mentoring group facilitation, and dissemination of Collection models.
- With guidance from consultants, ensure that Collection materials explicitly highlight key teaching/implementation strategies, such as strategies to advance equity and inclusion.
- Manage clients’ experiences with Collections and associated trainings.
- Draft material bringing elements of the Collections together such as a preface or literature reviews, blog posts, and journal articles to support dissemination.
- Oversee development and maintenance of an online framework for Collection materials and other technical needs.
- Support the implementation of assessment and evaluation tools for the Collections, in collaboration with consultants.
- Ensure that project development and completion is timely, successful, and meets expectations.
- Contribute to strategic planning for sustaining, growing, and evolving Collections in the broader context of pd|hub.
- Represent pd|hub on committees and at external meetings and conferences as needed.
- Perform other duties and projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, education, communication, or a related degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Experience with teaching and training
- Demonstrated skills working with and/or guiding diverse individuals, teams, and volunteers.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills and initiative in developing/implementing strategies to reach goals
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and implement complex projects or programs
- Experience with the development of educational resources or curricula
- Demonstrated analytical skills and independent judgment
- Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines, assess priorities, and operate in a flexible manner in order to meet the dynamic needs of the department
- Excellent computer/technical skills
- PhD in a STEM, education, or related discipline along with one or more years of experience teaching in higher education (preferably in graduate/postdoctoral education, career & professional development).
- Experience working in an early-stage organization, office, or initiative.
- Skilled in using web development tools, social media, and visualization tools.
- Ability to travel for periodic meetings, conferences, etc. (when travel restrictions are lifted)
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research