- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Molecular Medicine - W400900
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 16
Union Code: Non Union Position-W25-Non Unit Classified
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: March 19, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of a Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Lab Tech II performs and interprets routine and highly complex experiments.
- Performs a variety of laboratory experiments using both routine and special techniques and methods
- May assist in the training of others
- Provides input to improve current procedures, protocols, and/or methods
- Writes standard operating procedures, schedules work, orders supplies, and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies, reagents, etc.
- Prepares laboratory reagents, buffers, and media
- Records results, organizes data and performs computations
- Performs duties independently; requiring action and judgment to solve commonly encountered problems
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards appropriate to this position
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Biological Science or equivalent experience
- 1 year of related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
- Experience with data from large scale screens is a plus
- Experience with microscopy, C. elegans or other genetic model systems such as yeast, cells or mice is a plus.
- Experience with programing in Python or R would be advantageous.
Under the direct supervision of a Principal Investigator or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionucleotides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research