- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - HR-Administration - W860000
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: March 11, 2020
Complete the online application and include a short essay either in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document) or uploaded as a cover letter on your profile. Essay topic is listed below (Please include within your essay, examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.):
Please write a short essay demonstrating your diversity competencies through life experiences and state why you would like to enroll in the program.
The Talent Acquisition groups would like to host an emerging professional’s intern this summer to learn the recruitment function and specifically support our Temprite Services business and temporary hiring needs across our customer base. They will also participate and complete special projects related to developing candidate pipelines for Call Center Staff, Administrative Assistants, Financial Assistants and other demand positions.
The Talent Acquisition Department / Temprite Services will provide recruitment support and services to UMASS Medical, UMASS Memorial and United Health Solutions.
This intern would be trained and mentored in all functions within the Temprite business. This individual will source, phone screen, administer computer tests, schedule interviews and assist with payroll administration. The intern will develop specific sourcing, recruiting, administrative and computer skills during this internship. The intern will develop strong competencies using recruitment tools such as Monster.com, Indeed.Com, ICIMS and other relevant recruitment resources.
We look forward to training, developing and mentoring an intern during this program and hopefully they will strongly consider human resources as a future career.
This is a 10-week internship and the pay is $15/hour. The position is expected to be full-time over those 10 weeks.
- Provide recruitment support and services to UMASS Medical, UMASS Memorial and United Health Solutions.
- Participate and complete special projects related to developing candidate pipelines for Call Center Staff, Administrative Assistants, Financial Assistants and other demand positions.
- Source, phone screen, administer computer tests.
- Schedule interviews and assist with payroll administration.
- Candidates pursuing bachelor’s degree or recent graduates
- Related experience preferred
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Writing and editing experience
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team environment
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research