- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: Commonwealth Medicine
Department: Commonwealth Medicine - Public & Private Health Solutions (PPHS) - W407900
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Feb. 14, 2020
Complete the online application and include a short essay either in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document) or uploaded as a cover letter on your profile. Essay topic is listed below (Please include within your essay, examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.):
Please write a short essay demonstrating your diversity competencies through life experiences and state why you would like to enroll in the program.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Work Without Limits is a statewide network of employers and community partners that aims to increase employment among individuals with disabilities in Massachusetts.
We work in partnership with state agencies, disability employment service providers, educational institutions, businesses and employers, disability advocates, and individuals with disabilities and their families to implement solutions that maximize employment opportunities and outcomes for youth and adults with disabilities. Work Without Limits provides consultation, technical assistance, strategic planning, network support, training and direct services.
The selected EPSIP intern will support Work Without Limits’ growth strategy, primarily in the areas of training & events promotion and marketing content management. See below for overviews and related duties.
Training & Events
Work Without Limits currently offers training & consulting to two audience types:
- employers that want to hire people with disabilities
- staff who work for organizations that provide services to assist job seekers with disabilities to obtain and succeed in employment, i.e., colleges & universities, one stop career centers, state agencies, and community-based organizations
We seek to expand our training offerings in a variety of ways including but not limited to:
- increasing the number of contracts for training
- increasing our geographic footprint regionally, nationally and internationally
This is a 10-week internship and the pay is $15/hour. The position is expected to be full-time over those 10 weeks.
Related Intern Duties: Research and Reporting
- Continue existing research and report on relevant local, state, regional and national business and trade associations
- Identify 5-10 conferences, forums, meetings and events of said associations that would be appropriate for Work Without Limits to attend, exhibit and present at
- Document audience type, dates, locations, costs (registration and travel), and proposal submission guidelines and timelines for said conferences, forums, etc.
- Prioritize and make recommendations for best opportunities and lay out an annual plan for September 2020 through August 2021
- Research and identify opportunities to promote our trainings
- Research prices to attend Disability Inclusion webinars, and make recommendations for pricing of Work Without Limits webinars relevant to audience type
- Assist with planning our annual conference our 7th annual Career Fair in the Fall 2020 and 8th annual Raise the Bar HIRE! conference in October 2020
Marketing Content Management
Work Without Limits partners with disability-inclusive employers (Employer Sponsors), as well as organizations that provide employment services to individuals with disabilities, such as colleges and universities, high schools, community-based organizations, one stop career centers, and government agencies (Community Partners). As we promote them, these partners are also encouraged to promote Work Without Limits.
Related Intern Duties: Website & Social Media Review
- Review Work Without Limits website for accuracy and improvement opportunities
- Review partner websites for accurate representation of Work Without Limits
- Identity opportunities for social media posts and create schedule for posting
Work Without Limits creates and maintains several disability related resources.
Related Intern Duties: Collateral Material Review
- Collect, review and document all Work Without Limits collateral to check against branding guidelines and make recommendations for update
- Suggest and develop content for monthly e-newsletter
- Candidates pursuing bachelor’s degree or recent graduates
- Related experience preferred
- Basic analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Ability to use standard office tools and software (MS-office)
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Marketing/Communications major, undergraduate or graduate student
- Research and reporting skills
- Ability to follow directions, stay on track, and complete assignments on time
- Good communication skills, i.e., verbal, written, and email
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a small but busy team
- Computer skills, i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, Social Media, Internet, (Zoom and Salesforce are a plus)
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research