- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Government Relations - W400015
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Feb. 14, 2020
Complete the online application and include a short essay either in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document) or uploaded as a cover letter on your profile. Essay topic is listed below (Please include within your essay, examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.):
Please write a short essay demonstrating your diversity competencies through life experiences and state why you would like to enroll in the program.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The UMass Medical School Office of Community and Government Relations seeks a summer intern to assist with a variety of projects in our office. We are looking for a self-starter to assist with communications efforts.
This is a 10-week internship and the pay is $15/hour. The position is expected to be full-time over those 10 weeks.
- Develop a newsletter to North Quadrant Support Services donors that would highlight activities in which their funding allowed us to engage.
- Assist in planning and writing our annual community benefit brochure.
- Update and maintain OCGR’s social media presence
- Update the OCGR website when needed
- Organize and attend monthly Community Engagement Committee meetings including preparing agenda and taking minutes
- Candidates pursuing bachelor’s degree or recent graduates
- Related experience preferred
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Ability to use standard office tools and software (MS-Office)
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research