- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: Commonwealth Medicine
Department: Commonwealth Medicine - Marketing Communications - W401422
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Feb. 14, 2020
Complete the online application and include a short essay either in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document) or uploaded as a cover letter on your profile. Essay topic is listed below (Please include within your essay, examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.):
Please write a short essay demonstrating your diversity competencies through life experiences and state why you would like to enroll in the program.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Marketing Communications department seeks a 2020 summer intern to assist with several marketing and communications projects. Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director, the intern will participate in marketing campaign development and execution, update Intranet and Internet websites, support internal communications activities, write content for a number of deliverables, and contribute to department projects.
About the Marketing Communications department:
The Marketing Communications department provides Commonwealth Medicine (CWM) with communications and marketing support. We provide a variety of services such as marketing campaign development, branding, conference/event support, website development, social media support, graphic design services, writing/editing support for brochures, sell sheets and white papers, internal communications support, and external (media) relations story development and placement
This is a 10-week internship and the pay is $15/hour. The position is expected to be full-time over those 10 weeks.
- Working on various aspects of marketing campaigns and project deliverables, including concept and content development, research, determining and using best tactics, and measuring results.
- Participating in the development of internal communications deliverables, including plans, content, and events.
- Supporting new marketing and communications strategies through research, message development, and metrics evaluation.
- Contributing to the development of Intranet and Internet updates including content creation and posting — resulting in materials that can be utilized in an intern’s portfolio – plus supporting corresponding social media activities.
- Assist in branding development projects.
- Cataloging creative project files on group shared drive resulting in project files being organized, identifiable and available for quick and easy reference
- Participating in department quality control and management activities, including reviewing and editing presentation materials, reports and client deliverables.
- Conducting research to provide background information for conferences, marketing materials and website and social media content
- Candidates pursuing bachelor’s degree or recent graduates
- Related experience preferred
- Basic analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Ability to use standard office tools and software (MS-office)
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite (candidates with Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus)
- Writing, editing, and proofing experience
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team environment
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- No unusual working conditions
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled
- Frequent interaction with department’s management staff and university peers
- Base of normal office environment with high rate of interruption
- Occasional exposure to lifting heavy items
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research