- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Drugs Of Abuse Lab - W821200
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 19
Union Code: Union Position-W28-SHARE
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: April 16, 2020
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Manager or designee, the Lab Analyst II performs accurate chemical analysis of evidence submitted by Law Enforcement Agencies while maintaining chain of custody records.
- Maintain accurate record of chain of custody for all cases received during analysis
- Perform analytical analysis of evidence for identification and/or quantitation, records information
- Complete all the necessary paperwork as dictated by department and laboratory policy
- Performs and documents routine maintenance of equipment.
- Participates in the development of new assays, and the evaluation of new equipment.
- Communicates with other Laboratory staff and Law Enforcement Officials. Provides testimony in court, when necessary.
- Advises and aids DAL Evidence Officer on identification, classification, and handling of evidence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Chemistry or related degree (requires strong emphasis on Chemistry)
- 1 year relevant laboratory experience
- Oral and written communication skills necessary for interaction with other medical center staff as well as outside agencies
- 20/20 and color vision (corrected), good physical coordination, and ability to move and lift moderately heavy objects
Under the general supervision of the Manager or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Exposure to odorous chemicals and specimens, potential carcinogens, mutagens, teratogens, and samples of unknown origin
Each year UMass Chan Medical School comes together to demonstrate care and compassion. Learn more about the UMass Chan Cares campaign.
UMass Chan and Partners launch New England Nursing Clinical Faculty and Preceptor Academy Goal of new initiative is to ‘build capacity’ for nurse preceptors to address nursing shortage. Learn more about the initiative.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research