- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Chan Medical School
Department: School - Psychiatry - W833000
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 15
Union Code: Union Position-W28-SHARE
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: April 13, 2020
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Clinical Research Assistant is responsible for performing delegated tasks and procedures involving human subjects in support of clinical research protocols.
- Assist PI in development of protocol-specific tools to aid in study documentation
- Assess eligibility of research subjects in accordance with the approved protocol and all applicable regulations including HIPAA
- Obtain patient consent and Human Subject Committee approvals for minimal-risk studies as delegated by IRB-approved protocol
- Collect, record, evaluate, update, and store/transport pertinent data and samples in relation to protocol
- Track study enrollment and completion of milestones
- Summarize research findings and prepare presentations
- Perform literature searches
- Schedule patient tests and/or interviews
- Conduct patient telephone follow up
- Stock, inventory, store, and order samples/supplies as needed to maintain appropriate operations
- Review medical records and medical record abstractions for consistency and completeness
- Comply with established policies, health and safety regulations and requirements, procedures, and department objectives
- Maintain patient and study subject confidentiality
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or health care field, or related experience
- Experience in using computer-based tools (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Each year UMass Chan Medical School comes together to demonstrate care and compassion. Learn more about the UMass Chan Cares campaign.
UMass Chan and Partners launch New England Nursing Clinical Faculty and Preceptor Academy Goal of new initiative is to ‘build capacity’ for nurse preceptors to address nursing shortage. Learn more about the initiative.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research