- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Maintenance and Facilities
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Facility Plan, Eng & Const. - W842030
Salary Grade: 41
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Sept. 23, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Associate Director or designee, the Designer/ Computer Aided Design (CAD) Specialist is responsible for maintaining the CAD system for the main Worcester campus and surrounding sites. The function of this position will include responsibility for space data collection and entry, CAD document editing and maintenance, and general support of the space planning department.
- Maintain accurate CAD drawings and databases representing space, floor plans, and occupancy information using CAFM software and the most recent release of AutoCAD Architectural Desktop
- Maintain existing CAD as Builts, libraries, and ensures they satisfy in house CAD standard guidelines
- Maintain and update CAD drawings to select space changes/renovations/new constructions and to perform survey updates to the Space Database
- Support planning functions with space and occupancy information by providing graphical and data reports
- Participate in project meetings related to data analysis and management
- Ensure accuracy of reports by data review and resolving discrepancies internally for assigned reports
- Provide interpretation of data to senior management
- Schedule, plan, coordinate, and review project activities related to data
- Provide end-user support and training in CAD programs
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or planning, or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience or comparable formal internship experience in CAD and database system operation/document generation, or related experience
- Fluent with the most recent release of AutoCAD and the Microsoft Office Professional Suite of applications
- Technical knowledge of buildings and building systems
- Technical knowledge of building codes, life safety codes, and standard planning principles
- Possess the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and understand the scope of work
- Knowledge of SketchUp, Adobe Acrobat/Photoshop, or CAFM software a plus
- Possess good technical writing, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research