- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Post Doc
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Populat & Quantitive Hlth Sci - W455000
Salary Grade: 86
Union Code: Non Union Position-W63-Residents/Post Docs
Num. Openings: 2
Post Date: July 18, 2019
Postdoctoral positions in Bioinformatics/Computational biology/Genomics Big Data Science are available in the laboratory of Chan Zhou (https://profiles.umassmed.edu/display/20062865 ) at the University of Massachusetts (UMass) Medical School The research goal of the Zhou Lab is to understand genomics, epigenomics, noncoding RNAs and gene regulation from basic sciences towards precision medicine of human disease through computational and big data-driven approaches.
The ideal candidate will have interest in working in a collaborative environment at the interface of computational biology, RNA epi-genomics, and human disease. The position entails the development of new computational algorithms, statistical/quantitative methods, and combining cutting-edge bioinformatics technologies to process various types/platforms of sequencing data (including second and third generation sequencing and single cell sequencing data) to make biomedical discoveries.
Dr. Zhou will tailor the postdoc trainings to meet the career goals of the selected candidate. More information about Dr. Zhou and her contributions to science are available on her Harvard website ((https://scholar.harvard.edu/zhouchan).
- Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, biophysics, engineering, biological sciences or related field.
- Experience in method development and/or analysis of high-throughput sequencing data is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of molecular biology and sequencing technologies
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux shell and at least one of the following programming languages: C, C++, PERL, Python, or R.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous record of independent research, including conference presentations and first-/co-author publications.
- Excellent teamwork, time management, and organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task across multiple research projects.
To apply, please email the following to Chan Zhou, email@example.com :
- Curriculum vitae, including complete list of publications and pre-prints.
- Contact information for three referees
- Summary of your present research (1 paragraph min, 1-page max)
- Outline of your future research interests (1 paragraph min, 1-page max)
The Zhou lab is located in the Albert Sherman Center of UMass Medical School (UMMS). The Sherman center is a vibrant research environment with close links to top biomedical research institutes, hospitals, biotechnology companies across the greater Boston area and worldwide. The 2019 U.S. News & World Report rankings of the best graduate schools names UMass Medical School among the top 10 percent nationwide in primary care, ranking 15th among 144 medical schools. The main campus of UMass Medical School is located in Worcester, a suburb of the greater Boston area.
UMass Medical School is committed to being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and recognizes the power of a diverse community. We encourage applications from protected veterans, individuals with disabilities and those with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds to consider UMass Medical School as their employer of choice.
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research