- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Post Doc
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Populat & Quantitive Hlth Sci - W455000
Salary Grade: 86
Union Code: Non Union Position-W63-Residents/Post Docs
Num. Openings: 2
Post Date: Aug. 1, 2019
Postdoctoral Positions in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics and Genomics are available in the Chan Zhou Lab (http://chanzhoulab.org/). We are computational biologists and bioinformatics scientists. The research goal of the Zhou Lab is to understand genomics, epigenomics, noncoding RNAs and gene regulation from basic sciences towards precision medicine of human disease through computational and big data-driven approaches. We entail the development of new computational algorithms, statistical/quantitative methods, and combining cutting-edge bioinformatics technologies to process various types/platforms of sequencing data (including second and third generation sequencing and single cell sequencing data) to make biomedical discoveries.
- Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, biophysics, engineering, biological sciences or related field. Ph.D. candidates anticipating thesis defense are encouraged to apply for hire after completion of Ph.D.
- Experience in method development (e.g. Machine learning, mathematical/statistical modeling, and AI) and/or analysis of high-throughput sequencing data is preferred
- Working knowledge of molecular biology and sequencing technologies
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux shell and at least one of the following programming languages: C, C++, Python, Perl or R.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Previous record of independent research with first-/co-author publications.
- Able to work both independently and in teams
- Excellent teamwork and time management with the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task across multiple research projects.
Please email Chan Zhou (Chan.Zhou@umassmed.edu) with your cover letter (including previous research experiences and future research interests) and CV (including a list of publication, computational skills, and a list of at least 3 referee).
The Zhou lab is located in the Albert Sherman Center of UMass Medical School (UMMS). The Sherman center is a vibrant research environment with close links to top biomedical research institutes, hospitals, biotechnology companies across the greater Boston area and worldwide. The 2019 U.S. News & World Report rankings of the best graduate school names UMass Medical School among the top 10 percent nationwide in primary care, ranking 15th among 144 medical schools. The main campus of UMass Medical School locates at Worcester, the suburb of the greater Boston area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research