- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Business Unit: Commonwealth Medicine
Department: Commonwealth Medicine - R&E - Business Development - W407970
Salary Grade: 48
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: June 17, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting directly to the Senior Director, the Director of Program Evaluation & Research is responsible for directing and managing a range of program evaluation and research projects activities within the Public & Private Health Solutions (PPHS) at Commonwealth Medicine (CWM) in the University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS). CWM, the Medical School’s public consulting division, offers a unique blend of academic excellence and health services and policy expertise. This combination allows us to provide health care solutions for the public sector and not-for profit organizations. Our services help Massachusetts and many other states, local health care agencies, and community-based organizations increase the value and quality of the health and social services that they provide and improve access and quality of care for at-risk populations.
This position will includes developing new evaluation/research projects/funding with potential clients, working with clients/funders to define evaluation/research questions, conceptualizing program elements, and designing, overseeing and mentoring research team, conducting quality control of team’s work, carrying out and summarizing findings of evaluation/research projects.
Qualified candidates may be eligible for a faculty appointment at the UMMS, at a rank commensurate with their accomplishments, and will be involved in educational and other academic activities.
- Directs the design and implementation of program evaluation and research projects within PPHS, with a focus on public-sector health and social programs/services for vulnerable population. Responsibilities includes identifying potential projects, directing the design of scientifically sound project plans, ensuring the quality of project implementation, summarizing the results for a variety of audiences including peer reviewed journals and presentations.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities and potential funding sources (grants, contracts, etc.) and leads the development of new program evaluation/research projects within PPHS focus areas.
- Provides strategic input and direction for PPHS for continued growth in the area of program evaluation and research
- Provides direction to PPHS project and analytic staff on specific evaluation/research activities.
- Works with PPHS business staff to develop budgets and manage administrative and financial aspects of specific projects.
- Provides methodological support to evaluation/research activities in other CWM business units
- Participates in department and CWM-wide business and strategic planning team meetings.
- Collaborates in business expansion planning.
- Participate, as appropriate, in client presentations and site visits.
- May provide program evaluation and research related consulting services.
- Supports professional development of PPHS staff.
- Collaborates in the development of strategic planning and works with PPHS and CWM leadership to implement this strategic vision.
- Perform related duties as required.
- PhD. in health policy, evaluation or related field, plus 5 years of research/evaluation experience required
- Demonstrated record of using a variety of program evaluation/research methods (quantitative, qualitative, mixed-methods).
- Demonstrated track record in disseminating evaluation/research findings to various audiences through publications, presentations, policy briefs, webinars and other mechanisms.
- Experience working with or extensive knowledge of public programs such as Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security
- Ability to facilitate meetings and establish productive, professional relationships with executive management, government officials, and private contractors.
- Demonstrated experience in computer-based analytic tools (e.g. SAS, SPSS, Atlas ti), as well as MS Office suite
- Understanding of policies and procedures related to data security and privacy
- Communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, and ability to collaborate effectively with other researchers, staff, clients and external partners
- Demonstrated management skills and general knowledge in budgeting
- Meets criteria for UMMS faculty appointment within Department and at Rank commensurate with experience and background
- Familiarity with Medicaid population and/or demonstrations
- Experiences with Medicare, Medicaid, and/or commercial claims, encounter, and eligibility data
- Knowledge of health care delivery system innovations and/or payment reforms (e.g. ACOs, bundled payment)
- Track record of writing proposals and securing funding
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research