- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 15
Union Code: Union Position-W28-SHARE
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: March 19, 2021
This requisition is being used as a sourcing tool and does not have an open vacancy. Your application to this req will add you to a pool of candidates for potential future openings. We still encourage you to apply directly to positions you feel best meet your background, as this will not replace your application for other openings. We welcome applications from all levels of Library interests.
Example of a grade 15 Library Assistant I job description:
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of a departmental Manager or designee, the Library Assistant I performs support activities involved in operating the library. This position assists the librarians by following established rules, procedures, and policies. Duties can include interacting with library users at public venues or service areas, and supporting library sponsored projects and outreach.
- Staff library service points, open and close facility as necessary
- Provide patrons, students, faculty, patients, and families with reference support, including consumer health information, in person, via e-mail or by phone using library resources
- Implement established procedures and policies
- Make recommendations for consumer health collections as appropriate
- Process library collections
- Review and edit Library Guides as directed by librarians
- Participate in assigned committees as assigned
- Coordinate selected library events, including scheduling, set-up, and publicity
- Assist with meeting preparations
- Process internal and external mailings
- Participate in library-wide planning and projects through service on teams, committees, task forces, and special projects as assigned
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to push 25-40 pounds
- Perform other duties as
- High School Diploma
- 3 years of related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong commitment to public service
- Demonstrate ability to address internal and external customer needs with high standards of service excellence
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other current computer technologies
- Ability to work independently and to contribute positively to a collegial team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret and apply procedures and policies
- Ability to organize work assignments and recognize priorities
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- 1 year of Library experience
- Demonstrated basic to intermediary skills in health information literacy.
- Minimum understanding of medical terminology.
HR Daily Blog
Joining our Talent Community will allow you to stay connected with University of Massachusetts Medical School and receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests. Join now and receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Click here and join the UMMS Talent Community Now
Receive the latest news about Careers at UMMS by following us on Twitter.
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2022 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research