- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Information Technology - W875000
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Feb. 2, 2019
Complete the online application and include a short essay either in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document) or uploaded as a cover letter on your profile. Please choose from ONE of the essay topics below (Please include within your essay, examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.):
- Explain how diversity has played a role in your career and how it has contributed to the professional you are today
- Based on your background and personal experiences, describe a situation where you fostered diversity
- Given your personal background, describe an experience that illustrates what you would bring to the diversity of UMass Medical School or an encounter that demonstrated the important of diversity to you
- Please discuss how your record of achievements has been enhanced by exposure to diverse people, places and experiences or publications
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Manager of Engineering, The IT Engineering Intern will be responsible to assist Engineering teams in identifying, resolving and coordinating issues around internal IT Engineering project. The project will include identifying a documentation repository solution and implementing the solution for IT utilization where documents can be searched.
This is a 10-week internship and the pay is $15/hour. The position is expected to be full-time over those 10 weeks.
- Assist in identifying a documentation repository solution for IT
- Assist in configuring and deploying the system for IT consumption
- Producing automated methods to migrate data from legacy repositories to another.
- Document configuration and automation procedures for new documentation solution.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Candidates pursuing bachelor’s degree or recent graduates in finance, administration or business
- Related experience preferred
- Basic analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Ability to use standard office tools and software (MS-Office)
- 1 year of Information Technology / Computer Science experience or education.
- Customer Service / Engagement skills
- Proven interest in IT technologies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to details
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research