- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Worcester, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Adv-Executive Office - W400100
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Feb. 25, 2019
Complete the online application and include a short essay either in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document) or uploaded as a cover letter on your profile. Please choose from ONE of the essay topics below (Please include within your essay, examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.):
- Explain how diversity has played a role in your career and how it has contributed to the professional you are today
- Based on your background and personal experiences, describe a situation where you fostered diversity
- Given your personal background, describe an experience that illustrates what you would bring to the diversity of UMass Medical School or an encounter that demonstrated the important of diversity to you
- Please discuss how your record of achievements has been enhanced by exposure to diverse people, places and experiences or publications
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of Associate Vice Chancellor or designee, the Advancement Associate assists with special projects, fundraising initiatives, research, donor relationship building and other required tasks in the Advancement Office.
This is a 10-week internship and the pay is $15/hour. The position is expected to be full-time over those 10 weeks.
- Organize prospects and contacts
- Coordinate, organize, recruit participants, and provide other required support for events, fundraisers, and projects
- Provide administrative and logistical support on development and donor-related events or projects
- Assist in the planning, preparation and production of communication materials for development programs and events
- Assist in the development of donor acknowledgment and recognition communications
- Assist data processing and research staff to insure that department database is accurate and up-to-date
- In collaboration with the director, develop action plans and calendars for projects and tasks and assure that assigned projects stay on time and on budget
- Perform other duties as required.
- Candidates pursuing bachelor’s degree or recent graduates
- Related experience preferred
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Ability to use standard office tools and software (MS-Office)
- 1 year of experience in development-related activities, such as public relations, marketing/advertising, communications, sales or customer support. Volunteer fundraising experience highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and writing skills
- Ability to work well independently and as member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and following through on detailed tasks and project plans
- Excellent PC skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with faculty, staff, physicians, volunteers, donors and vendors
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research