- Search Jobs
- Business Units
- Hiring Process
- Temp Services
and Advance with Us.
SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: Commonwealth Medicine
Department: Commonwealth Medicine - Ctr For Health Policy & Rsch - W407900
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Feb. 7, 2019
Complete the online application and include a short essay either in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document) or uploaded as a cover letter on your profile. Please choose from ONE of the essay topics below (Please include within your essay, examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.):
- Explain how diversity has played a role in your career and how it has contributed to the professional you are today
- Based on your background and personal experiences, describe a situation where you fostered diversity
- Given your personal background, describe an experience that illustrates what you would bring to the diversity of UMass Medical School or an encounter that demonstrated the important of diversity to you
- Please discuss how your record of achievements has been enhanced by exposure to diverse people, places and experiences or publications
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Work Without Limits is a statewide network of employers and community partners that aims to increase employment among individuals with disabilities in Massachusetts.
We work in partnership with state agencies, disability employment service providers, educational institutions, businesses and employers, disability advocates, and individuals with disabilities and their families to implement solutions that maximize employment opportunities and outcomes for youth and adults with disabilities.
We provide consultation, technical assistance, strategic planning, network support, training and direct services.
The selected EPSIP intern will support Work Without Limits’ growth strategy, primarily in the area of training and events, by conducting a variety of marketing, communications and administration support activities as outlined below in Description of Tasks.
Work Without Limits currently offers in-person, instructor-led trainings to two audience types:
- employers that want to hire people with disabilities
- staff who work for organizations that provide services to assist job seekers with disabilities to obtain and succeed in employment, i.e., colleges & universities, one stop career centers, state agencies, and community-based organizations
Work Without Limits seeks to expand its training offerings in a variety of ways including but not limited to:
- increasing the number of contracts for training
- increasing our geographic footprint regionally, nationally and internationally
- turning current in-person trainings into webinars thus diversifying delivery methods
This is a 10-week internship and the pay is $15/hour. The position is expected to be full-time over those 10 weeks.
- Marketing Research
- Research relevant local, state, regional and national business and trade associations
- Identify conferences, forums, meetings and events of said associations that would be appropriate for Work Without Limits to attend, exhibit and present at
- Document audience type, dates, locations, costs (registration and travel), and proposal submission guidelines and timelines for said conferences, forums, etc.
- Prioritize and make recommendations for best opportunities, and lay out an annual plan for September 2019 through August 2020
- Proposal Development
- Develop a standard presentation and proposal that can/will be submitted to identified organizations to get Work Without Limits in front of targeted audiences
- Research prices to attend Disability Inclusion webinars, and make recommendations for pricing of Work Without Limits webinars relevant to audience type
- Research, identify and prioritize corporations and foundations that sponsor disability inclusion events with timing
- Other Duties (if time allows)
- Draft sponsorship/grant proposals for identified corporations and foundations
- Submit proposals to identified organizations to sponsor our 7th annual Raise the Bar HIRE! conference in October 2019
- Review media (master files, website and social channels) for accuracy and improvement opportunities
- Candidates pursuing bachelor’s degree or recent graduates
- Related experience preferred
- Basic analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Ability to use standard office tools and software (MS-office)
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Marketing/Communications major, undergraduate or graduate student
- Research skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to follow directions, stay on track, and complete assignments on time
- Good communication skills, i.e., verbal, written, and email
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a small but busy team
- Computer skills, i.e., Outlook, Excel, Internet, Zoom and/or another webinar platform(s), Salesforce
HR Daily Blog
UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
“2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL”
for Primary Care and Research